Chicago outdoors show

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, huntall6, Illinois-Ducker

Chicago outdoors show

Postby BEDB » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:33 pm

Has anybody been to the Chicago outdoors sports show? Just curious if its worth goin to
Flocked Wear Field Staff
Bring 'em Down Boys Pro Staff
lock 'em n rock 'em
BEDB
hunter

Re: Chicago outdoors show

Postby jaysweet3 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:18 pm

It sucked for a number of years. Got better a couple years ago. No shammie booths, no screen enclosure sales. But the number of attendees is low. I volunteer every year for the NRA, sell membership. They decided not to get a booth the last couple years.
The road to diabetes will be sweet.
jaysweet3
hunter

Postby BEDB » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:58 pm

Ya figure it's worth goin to or is there not any waterfowl stuff goin on?
Flocked Wear Field Staff
lock 'em n rock 'em
BEDB
hunter

Postby xtrema13 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:23 am

I heard that Tim Grounds and RNT used to go too it. But i looked too see who is going this year and only saw DU.
xtrema13
hunter

Postby sureshot 612 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:10 pm

there is more then one show that weekend. the one i think you are talking about is at rosemont. it has been bad for a few years , but it has a new management company as of late last year and i heard it will be better this year ,the other show is a newer show only a few years old ,its only about 7 miles away from rosemont in schauburg at there convention center, price about the same but free parking ,I'm going to try it this year along with the rosemont show,we will hit them both in the same day and it will be cheaper then dinner. and if you got time stop in at cabelas to both shows are on line
the no duck dynasty zone
sureshot 612
hunter

Location: where ever i want, back to loner time I'm at the next level.riders for a fee

Postby Weedwacker » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:00 am

I think you will find this show full of fishing related first, deer hunting second and a bunch of other items , not related to waterfowl.
It's not just a duck boat, it is a tatical platform for opportunity- weedwacker 101

Preserve game and hunt with a trained dog- NAVHDA

"In looking back thru his posts over there he kind of thinks of himself as the zen of all things fowl."
Weedwacker
hunter

Postby luie b » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:38 pm

Is anything related to guns, hunting, and dead animals even allowed to be spoken of inside the boundary of "Chicagoland?" I thought if you even spoke of guns up there they'd cut a finger off :hammer:
luie b
hunter

Postby Weedwacker » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:37 pm

luie b wrote:Is anything related to guns, hunting, and dead animals even allowed to be spoken of inside the boundary of "Chicagoland?" I thought if you even spoke of guns up there they'd cut a finger off :hammer:

Ewwww, your going to be in trouble now!! You said the g-n word!!!
It's not just a duck boat, it is a tatical platform for opportunity- weedwacker 101

"In looking back thru his posts over there he kind of thinks of himself as the zen of all things fowl."
Weedwacker
hunter

Postby BEDB » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:12 pm

If it were up to me they could take chicago and all the suburbs and make em their own state and leave the rest of us do our own thing. Im 100 miles sw of the city and thats about 100 miles to close for me. Sorry weedwacker
Flocked Wear Field Staff
lock 'em n rock 'em
BEDB
hunter

Postby jaysweet3 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:36 pm

BEDB wrote:Ya figure it's worth goin to or is there not any waterfowl stuff goin on?

The only thing you migh find that has anything to do with waterfowling, is an outfitter or two. None of the gun manufactures are there. It's all fishing. Well...%90 of it is.
jaysweet3
hunter

Postby Blackcloud870 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:08 pm

I haven't been to the show in years but I do remember getting some really good deals on fishing equipment. Come to think of it, my tackle box has been somewhat neglected since September 1st..... :wink:
threedogs wrote: wrote:One word, Inflatable decoys......

DanJeffandJack wrote:I just drink beer and crush box.

That's how I remain the physical specimen that I am.
Blackcloud870
hunter

Postby luie b » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:02 pm

BEDB wrote:If it were up to me they could take chicago and all the suburbs and make em their own state and leave the rest of us do our own thing. Im 100 miles sw of the city and thats about 100 miles to close for me. Sorry weedwacker

True dat man
luie b
hunter

Postby Sfd714 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:43 pm

BEDB wrote:If it were up to me they could take chicago and all the suburbs and make em their own state and leave the rest of us do our own thing. Im 100 miles sw of the city and thats about 100 miles to close for me. Sorry weedwacker

Amen! I live about 45 miles west of Rockford.

Sent from behind the hood of a long nose pete.
Sfd714
hunter

Postby Weedwacker » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:03 am

BEDB wrote:Has anybody been to the Chicago outdoors sports show? Just curious if its worth goin to

Again, your going to find fishing items and stuff, it's going into spring, not fall.

Funny how post and topics always go 180 degrees from the post. I don't live in Chicago or support the ideas of those running the city, but I am also open minded.

Nothing wrong with going downtown Chicago on a summer day along the water! Greatest restaurants and bars in the Midwest !!

If you want waterfowl shows, it's the wrong time of the year....

Weedwacker
hunter

Postby BEDB » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:19 am

Weedwacker wrote:
BEDB wrote:Has anybody been to the Chicago outdoors sports show? Just curious if its worth goin to

Again, your going to find fishing items and stuff, it's going into spring, not fall.

Funny how post and topics always go 180 degrees from the post. I don't live in Chicago or support the ideas of those running the city, but I am also open minded.

Nothing wrong with going downtown Chicago on a summer day along the water! Greatest restaurants and bars in the Midwest !!

I hate the city and going to the city but i will say when i do end up gettin stuck goin there are some real dimes up there. Gotta love chasin that city girl tail
Flocked Wear Field Staff
lock 'em n rock 'em
BEDB
hunter

Postby Weedwacker » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:58 pm

BEDB wrote:
Weedwacker wrote:

I hate the city and going to the city but i will say when i do end up gettin stuck goin there are some real dimes up there. Gotta love chasin that city girl tail

Dude, remember.... Chic's dig camo!!! :grooving:

Weedwacker
hunter

Postby BEDB » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:31 pm

Weedwacker wrote:
BEDB wrote:
Weedwacker wrote:

Our logic is that all the good lookin chicks around here date tools. Ya know the type flatbills, skateboards, etc. And were figuring thats because theyre different than everybody else. They dont wanna country boy cause theres plenty of em. Well in the city we're the rarity. Yee Yee!!
Flocked Wear Field Staff
lock 'em n rock 'em
BEDB
hunter

Postby Weedwacker » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:49 pm

BEDB wrote:
Weedwacker wrote:
BEDB wrote:
Weedwacker wrote:

Our logic is that all the good lookin chicks around here date tools. Ya know the type flatbills, skateboards, etc. And were figuring thats because theyre different than everybody else. They dont wanna country boy cause theres plenty of em. Well in the city we're the rarity. Yee Yee!!

Whoa!!! Sorry ya got no game brother!

Weedwacker
hunter

Postby BEDB » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:13 am

Weedwacker wrote:
BEDB wrote:
Weedwacker wrote:
BEDB wrote:
Weedwacker wrote:

Whoa!!! Sorry ya got no game brother!

haha i dont know about that
Flocked Wear Field Staff
lock 'em n rock 'em
BEDB
hunter

Postby sureshot 612 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:49 pm

you ask about the shows then you bad mouth the city that not really the city , so what is your deal . never mind . i dont think i have that much time , it like asking is there any birds at braid wood. :biggrin:
the no duck dynasty zone
sureshot 612
hunter

Location: where ever i want, back to loner time I'm at the next level.riders for a fee

Postby BEDB » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:18 pm

sureshot 612 wrote:you ask about the shows then you bad mouth the city that not really the city , so what is your deal . never mind . i dont think i have that much time , it like asking is there any birds at braid wood. :biggrin:

Its kinda like i hate goin to the city but i love cabelas. Well cabelas is in the city so its kind of a love hate deal. If cabelas was in ladd, il id be all over it.
Flocked Wear Field Staff
lock 'em n rock 'em
BEDB
hunter

Postby Weedwacker » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:42 pm

BEDB wrote:
sureshot 612 wrote:you ask about the shows then you bad mouth the city that not really the city , so what is your deal . never mind . i dont think i have that much time , it like asking is there any birds at braid wood. :biggrin:

Its kinda like i hate goin to the city but i love cabelas. Well cabelas is in the city so its kind of a love hate deal. If cabelas was in ladd, il id be all over it.[/quo

Not to again be a buzz kill, but that Cabelas has to be one of the smallest of their locations. Actually it was reduced in size a year or so after it opened. Indiania store is more what you would want from a store, size, scope and equipment .

Weedwacker
hunter

Postby BEDB » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:49 pm

Weedwacker wrote:
BEDB wrote:

Its kinda like i hate goin to the city but i love cabelas. Well cabelas is in the city so its kind of a love hate deal. If cabelas was in ladd, il id be all over it.[/quo

Not to again be a buzz kill, but that Cabelas has to be one of the smallest of their locations. Actually it was reduced in size a year or so after it opened. Indiania store is more what you would want from a store, size, scope and equipment .

I know. It used to be huge but it's where i bought my boat so its where i go. Still not as small as the one in Kearney, NE. I kinda wish they would close it if Im being honest. The one in hammond is just as close and if there wasnt one in illlinois i dont think wed have to pay sales tax on online orders.
Flocked Wear Field Staff
lock 'em n rock 'em
BEDB
hunter

Postby jaysweet3 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:13 pm

they never shoulda put that thing in Cook county. Huge sales tax, oppressive gun regulations. All of the Chicago nonsence, eventhough it's 35 miles out of the city.
jaysweet3
hunter

Postby xtrema13 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:52 am

I heard it sucked...

Sent from my PH-2
xtrema13
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting