ILLINOIS HUNTING ALONE UNDER 18???

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, Illinois-Ducker, huntall6

ILLINOIS HUNTING ALONE UNDER 18???

Postby Bandhunter97 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:52 am

Hi I am a junior in high school and I am 16 years old I have my license I was wondering if I could go hunting with one of My other friends that is also 16 years old afterschool ....we both have foud card and this will be waterfoul hunting with shot guns.... If this leagle?????
Bandhunter97
hunter

Re: ILLINOIS HUNTING ALONE UNDER 18???

Postby BDW » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:38 pm

BDW
hunter

Postby sureshot 612 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:50 pm

the answer to that is on the IDNR web sight
the no duck dynasty zone
sureshot 612
hunter

Location: where ever i want, back to loner time I'm at the next level.riders for a fee

Postby lostpup » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:17 pm

The answer is yes if you have licenses and FOID. But use Google it is esay to navigate and alot less stressful than these guys badgering you !
lostpup
Forum & State Moderator

Postby luie b » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:37 pm

Bandhunter97 wrote:Hi I am a junior in high school and I am 16 years old I have my license I was wondering if I could go hunting with one of My other friends that is also 16 years old afterschool ....we both have foud card and this will be waterfoul hunting with shot guns.... If this leagle?????

yep, you can hunt if you're under 18. My friend and I during the heat of duck season go pretty much every day after or before school and let me tell you when you have that short of a time to hunt, after you set the decoys the action is fast and furious usually and for us in this little of a time frame getting any ducks at all is a very succesful hunt. Good luck out there!
luie b
hunter

Postby BDW » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:56 pm

lostpup wrote:The answer is yes if you have licenses and FOID. But use Google it is esay to navigate and alot less stressful than these guys badgering you !

Badgering? Just trying to help the kid out with his question. :thumbsup:
BDW
hunter

Postby lostpup » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:55 am

I was referring to the general appitude on forums, not anyone in pictular especially on this thread.
lostpup
Forum & State Moderator

Postby DRYLOK » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:50 am

Glad to see kids hunting, instead of God knows what else. The most trouble we got in when we were kids was getting to school late because we had been hunting or not getting home till 3 in the morning after catfishing all night
"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent."
-Thomas Jefferson-
DRYLOK
hunter

Postby sureshot 612 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:36 pm

i dont think we are badgering Bhunter97 i am just giving some help to someone that asked. i was not sure of the answer so instead of giving the wrong info. i gave a web sight were he could get the RIGHT answer. lost pup dont make duck chat like the fuge. and it sounds like the kid wants to do the right thing . any other issues fell free to PM me .
the no duck dynasty zone
sureshot 612
hunter

Location: where ever i want, back to loner time I'm at the next level.riders for a fee

Postby lostpup » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:34 am

Sure shot ive never been on the fuge nor care too. Do you have a guilty concious I've already said it was a general comment not directly at anyone.
lostpup
Forum & State Moderator

Postby sureshot 612 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:44 am

no i dont have a guilty conscious ,no need for one ,what is your story.
the no duck dynasty zone
sureshot 612
hunter

Postby lostpup » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:01 pm

My story is I've been away for awhile had a new baby and just dropped in to check things out. I'm presumming you saw I am a MOD and thought I was complaining. I wasn't thats not my style as most regulars on here know. So my story is just that this is the internet why take things so serious nobody got PMs or nasty just a general comment to help the kid out.
lostpup
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting