Saying Hello, New guy on the forum

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, huntall6, Illinois-Ducker

Saying Hello, New guy on the forum

Postby JSundi13 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:35 am

:hi: Hello everyone.....Just wanted to start out and say its awesome to know that the new season is literally just around the corner for us. I'm somewhat new to the duck/goose hunting on the chain and around the area. I grew up in the area hunting with my old man when we could find places to hunt, then the parents retired right before I turned 18 so I had to move to Arkansas,that lasted 3 months till I turned 18 now really all the hunting I do is when I go to Arkansas to get some deer hunting in. Finally started meeting some people as I got older that have either just started hunting or have been hunting in the past but not really SUPER experienced, looking to get back into the mix (with my new friends) and start having some fun again.I'm hoping come July maybe me and a buddy will be able to get a blind.....Im 30, about to get married in June and looking to start getting back into waterfowl, gotta come up with something to do to get out of that "honey do list" and blind building might just be the trick to get me on the right track... :lol3: Just wondering if there are any other members around the Round Lake, Fox Lake, Chain O Lakes areas that are also on here.....Hope to hear back from folks, until next time, be safe and stay warm.....

John :beer:
JSundi13
hunter

Re: Saying Hello, New guy on the forum

Postby goosehunter64 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:09 pm

:welcome: John..
Rob.
Team WingLock
Lock'em "N" Rock'em
goosehunter64
hunter

Postby sureshot 612 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:57 pm

:beer: live just north of 355 but hunt south of 80 public ,do you have a place that you hunt were you are at.
the no duck dynasty zone
sureshot 612
hunter

Location: where ever i want, back to loner time I'm at the next level.riders for a fee

Postby charlie beard » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:05 am

:welcome:
"If you put the Federal Government in charge of the Sahara desert,
in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand"
charlie beard
hunter

Postby JSundi13 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:36 am

@Sureshot....we have public lands here but I wasnt quick enough to be able to get ANY permits as it was too late in the season, however this season, I'm going to be ready! :thumbsup: In all honesty Im not even sure how good the hunting even is up here....but im always hearing them blow holes in the sky(lol). I have a friend with some land down by Springfield,IL that is surrounded by fields, haven't had the chance to make it down there though. What public lands are open to hunt by you sureshot? I work in Elk Grove Village.

Hope everyone had a great season or at least a great finish!
JSundi13
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting