Hunting by cooling lake???

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, SPatrick, Illinois-Ducker, huntall6

Hunting by cooling lake???

Postby Bandhunter97 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:11 pm

Hi i live by a cooling lake and i was wonering if i can legaly hunt the river RIGHT NEXT TO IT out of a boat blind.. :huh: .. Also can i hunt by locks... How far away do i have to be from locks in a boat blind? :huh: ?? Please help and respond thankx! :bow: :thumbsup:

:help: :help: :help: :help: :help:
Bandhunter97
hunter

Re: Hunting by cooling lake???

Postby QuackSmacker935 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:53 am

Your best bet would be to check and see if those areas your wanting to hunt are public hunting. If they are I would then check on the regulations for boat blinds in the area since I know they can differ from one spot to the next. I would imagine locks would be much like a dwelling 300yds.
QuackSmacker935
hunter

Re: Hunting by cooling lake???

Postby dduckman » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:56 pm

Not sure about the area you are hunting but the distance from an inhabited dwelling shooting a shotgun with bird shot it is 100 yds. 300yds with slugs, unless of course you have permission from the people who own the dwelling.

Is the river a navigable water way? If so unless there are state run blinds there it is legal, just be aware of any city limits as well.

I would get hold a local cpo. and get it cleared straight from him.
dduckman
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting