Duck Hunting Forum banner

CCC Throwback

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  berganser 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I tried all my calls on the timber ducks. Timbre, Short Barrel were what I WANTED to work but they didn't. I was letting other people call mostly. THEN I started hunting alone again and doing it my way. So I got out the Throwback and learned how to use it.

First of all you HAVE to put some "voice" into the call. Some call it grunting.
You also have to wrap your hand around the barrel and make a little back pressure at the beginning of quacks to make them sound more "quacky".

I called ducks from great heights on windy days in timber with this call. Had ducks lock up and come STRAIGHT DOWN DOWN DOWN DOWN from 300 yards up or more. AMAZING call. Great work Gary Perinar. When can I meet you and talk about this call.
NEVER, EVER change anything on that call and keep making them. Please?!?!

Aunt Betty
arkansas2013 418.jpg
arkansas2013 436.jpg
arkansas2013 261.jpg

This is what a duck looks like when you call them 5 yards away and blast one.
arkansas2013 238.jpg

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Nope, not a small bore. The bore is stepped. I mean the hole is drilled with larger and larger bits as it gets closer to the end. Like a megaphone. I talked to Gary and he told me that the tone board is cut Arkansas style. No wonder it sounded and acted so much like the cutdown calls I had been trying. Lots of my friends I hunted with used those and let me try theirs. This IS a cutdown call imo.
It works just like one.

#5 ·
No doubt Gary's call's are top notch. I have the Smallbore ( 2 of them ) 1 in Cocobola and the other in Hedge.
His Snubnose call is Fantastic to.
I think I have the call your talking about to. I used it alot last season along with the smallbore.
My lanyard consisted of those 3 duck calls. Snubnose, Smallbore(Coco) and Hybrid Call( Hedge ) ( that's what I'll call it ).
Great Service to!!!!!!!

#6 ·
Gary's calls are the only ones I use constantly. Off hand I think I have maybe 4 each of the Throwbacks and Throwback Smallbores, a Snubnose, and an original (the 1st) and one of his goose calls. The last one I got is this sweet xcut hedge smallbore that rocks.

#8 ·
DucknGoodTime said:
Gary's calls are the only ones I use constantly. Off hand I think I have maybe 4 each of the Throwbacks and Throwback Smallbores, a Snubnose, and an original (the 1st) and one of his goose calls. The last one I got is this sweet xcut hedge smallbore that rocks.
:thumbsup: I have 6 of his Duck Calls and 3 goose :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.