Code red drill!!

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, SPatrick, Illinois-Ducker, huntall6

Code red drill!!

Postby Weedwacker » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:34 am

I am struggling here...

So they are going to perform a drill at a school (code red drills are already standards) and shoot off blanks so everyone in school will know the sound of gun shots.

AND now the parents and others have a problem with this??? Trying to educate is now a problem!! :huh:
It's not just a duck boat, it is a tatical platform for opportunity- weedwacker 101

Preserve game and hunt with a trained dog- NAVHDA

"In looking back thru his posts over there he kind of thinks of himself as the zen of all things fowl."
Weedwacker
hunter

Re: Code red drill!!

Postby BEDB » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:17 pm

Im honestly embarrassed to be from this generation. Its pathetic
Flocked Wear Field Staff
Bring 'em Down Boys Pro Staff
lock 'em n rock 'em
BEDB
hunter

Postby Sfd714 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:20 pm

BEDB wrote:Im honestly embarrassed to be from this generation. Its pathetic

X2. I should of ben born about 40 years earlier.

Sent from behind the hood of a long nose pete.
Sfd714
hunter

Postby Weedwacker » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:15 pm

Quote: we don't lite fires to simulate a fire drill, why do we need to shoot a gun to simulate gun shots. Unquote.

But you have fire sprinklers and fire extinguisher to combat that!!.,
It's not just a duck boat, it is a tatical platform for opportunity- weedwacker 101

"In looking back thru his posts over there he kind of thinks of himself as the zen of all things fowl."
Weedwacker
hunter

Postby BEDB » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:37 pm

Flocked Wear Field Staff
Bring 'em Down Boys Pro Staff
lock 'em n rock 'em
BEDB
hunter

Postby artedog » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:56 pm

saw where state legislator in MO had put in for a bill to mandate all 1st graders participate in the eddie the eagle gun safety program from the NRA. Lots of people that aren't aware of the program are all crazy about 1st graders being taught about gun safety...basically the Eddie the Eagle program promotes one major point when a child sees, finds or is around a firearm...

1. Stop
2. Don't Touch
3. Leave the area
4. Tell an adult.

My daughter is 27, she remembers this from years ago when I had the VCR of the eddie the eagle video.
I think every kid should see...
artedog
hunter

Postby Weedwacker » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:14 am

artedog wrote:saw where state legislator in MO had put in for a bill to mandate all 1st graders participate in the eddie the eagle gun safety program from the NRA. Lots of people that aren't aware of the program are all crazy about 1st graders being taught about gun safety...basically the Eddie the Eagle program promotes one major point when a child sees, finds or is around a firearm...

1. Stop
2. Don't Touch
3. Leave the area
4. Tell an adult.

My daughter is 27, she remembers this from years ago when I had the VCR of the eddie the eagle video.
I think every kid should see...

Knowledge is power!!
And again, they wonder why Chicago has such a terrible daily death rate everyday.... They won't allow education or awareness of guns. That's the facts, sad.

Weedwacker
hunter

Postby DuckinFool » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:57 am

Who is the moron who decided to make this a "code red" drill? "Code red" is the universal alert for a fire. If you teach kids that code red also means a shooter my question is do they decide it's a fire and line up and walk to the exits or do they decide it's a shooter and hide in a closet or locker while the building is on fire?
Recession-neighbor loses job...Depression-you lose job...Recovery-Obama loses job.
Don't blame me.....I didn't vote for him !!!
DuckinFool
hunter

Postby Weedwacker » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:00 am

DuckinFool wrote:Who is the moron who decided to make this a "code red" drill? "Code red" is the universal alert for a fire. If you teach kids that code red also means a shooter my question is do they decide it's a fire and line up and walk to the exits or do they decide it's a shooter and hide in a closet or locker while the building is on fire?

Well sport, that's what it is called in most villages, cities, business and schools. It means emergency and to be alert for next step.

Weedwacker
hunter

Postby DuckinFool » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:51 am

Under EMS protocols code red is used for fire. Code black for tornado. Code orange for escaped prisoner. Code yellow for mass casualty disaster. Code pink for child abduction. Code white is for potential violent situation. I am tested yearly on them........sport.
Recession-neighbor loses job...Depression-you lose job...Recovery-Obama loses job.
DuckinFool
hunter

Postby Weedwacker » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:28 am

[quote="DuckinFool"]Under EMS protocols code red is used for fire. Code black for tornado. Code orange for escaped prisoner. Code yellow for mass casualty disaster. Code pink for child abduction. Code white is for potential violent situation. I am tested yearly on them........sport.[/quot

Sport, that's what it's called. Can't comment on your world and the colors, but that is what it's called.
Your tested on colors will not change what the schools call them.

The post is about the education of children and those working in the school system.

Weedwacker
hunter

Postby DuckinFool » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:01 pm

Until they allow conceal carry by school staff about all you can do to educate kids about a shooter in the schools is how to be a target.
DuckinFool
hunter

Postby Weedwacker » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:25 pm

DuckinFool wrote:Until they allow conceal carry by school staff about all you can do to educate kids about a shooter in the schools is how to be a target.

I agree 100% on the educate, unfortunately it is not the majority feeling in this area.

Weedwacker
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting