lease wanted

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, huntall6, SPatrick, Illinois-Ducker

lease wanted

Postby djv » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:10 pm

Looking for a lease for 2013-14 near pyramid state park. Water or field. Pm me if you know of anything open.
SPECK NATION
djv
hunter

Re: lease wanted

Postby luie b » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:39 pm

Hey I got an idea! How bout you find properties around where there's plenty of birds, knock on the farmer's door and he might just give you permission so you don't have to pay money. That's what most people do. Instead people have made hunting an expensive thing paying for thousands of dollars in leases so young people or people with little money can't even afford to hunt anymore.
**2014-2015 Illinois Waterfowl Season**
Blue-winged teal - 16
Green-winged teal - 4
Wood Ducks - 1
luie b
hunter

Postby Sfd714 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:05 pm

^^^ what he said.

Sent from behind the hood of a long nose pete.
Sfd714
hunter

Postby mgerlach » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:13 pm

prob a waste of time knocking on doors around pyramid. people who own land around there have prob had countless people ask permission and if there interested in leasing it to someone gander hill prob already has it. guess it never hurts to ask though. good luck
mgerlach
hunter

Postby djv » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:41 am

First off i dont need waterfowl advice from some keyboard tough guy. Thats nearly impossible around pyramid. I can only hunt 2 days a week and have a father who hunts with me who cant walk very far and doesnt want to lay in a layout blind. In case your new to hunting i s ill its almost all leases around the big refuges. So mind your own f'n business.
SPECK NATION
djv
hunter

Postby Braidwood Hunter » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:51 am

Telling someone to mind their own f'n business after asking a question on a public forum seems a bit backwards?
Braidwood Hunter
hunter

Postby djv » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:01 am

If their answer doesn't pertain to the question then no its not. If i wanna get jumped on for a simple question then i'll go to the other site.
SPECK NATION
djv
hunter

Postby lostpup » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:37 am

I've not been on here much lately. Louie you have no business jumping the guy on this post. DJV you have got to get thicker skin as well. Let this be the only warning period He ask an honest question and even asked to PM answers. Drop the banter and act like gentlemen This site is for help. Any more attacks and the ADMINS will handle it.
lostpup
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Cujo1 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:06 pm

To the OP, finding leases around pyramid will be tough as mentioned, but they are there. A distant friend came got in on a lease over there and did well last year. I do not have contact info for anyone though. Get over there and start beating on doors and asking questions is all the more I can help you with that. I hunt the Rend Lake area by boat and if you can't work something out send me a PM and I will take you and the ol man hunting a time or two :thumbsup:
All turkeys must die!

bighop wrote:Destined to be a child of the system now. Bounced around from house to house, abused, mistreated, earning his way on the streets. There's probably an expensive crack habit and a pair of those hind-leg wheels in his near futre.
Cujo1
hunter

Postby Braidwood Hunter » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:09 pm

Bet luie just assumed djv has thick skin from having to hunt around Pyramid
Braidwood Hunter
hunter

Postby Weedwacker » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:09 pm

What's up with the "season totals" on the signature ?
It's not just a duck boat, it is a tatical platform for opportunity- weedwacker 101

Preserve game and hunt with a trained dog- NAVHDA

"In looking back thru his posts over there he kind of thinks of himself as the zen of all things fowl."
Weedwacker
hunter

Postby Braidwood Hunter » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:14 pm

What's up with the divers in the picture? I can smell that stink all the way from downstate IL :eek:
Braidwood Hunter
hunter

Postby Weedwacker » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:05 pm

Braidwood Hunter wrote:What's up with the divers in the picture? I can smell that stink all the way from downstate IL :eek:

Wow, that is a sad comment. When you grow up maybe someone will take you out and show you.
It's not just a duck boat, it is a tatical platform for opportunity- weedwacker 101

"In looking back thru his posts over there he kind of thinks of himself as the zen of all things fowl."
Weedwacker
hunter

Postby lostpup » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:20 pm

Alright guy's get back to the topic or it's getting locked. I have not had to be the bad guy in quit a while. Lets get back to constructive conversation :beer:
lostpup
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Weedwacker » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:33 am

djv wrote:Looking for a lease for 2013-14 near pyramid state park. Water or field. Pm me if you know of anything open.

I found places on Craigslist over the years, some good some not so much.

Good luck and don't forget to get old school, make some flyers up and post at feed stores, etc.

Weedwacker
hunter

Postby rism » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:22 am

Hey guys - I think Louie is just 16 or 17 w/ very little experience. He started posting last year (2012) I think. He's got a lot to learn about hunting and I think he's trying. May not realize he's stepping on toes w/ comments sometimes.
rism
hunter

Postby SPatrick » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:23 am

Like some of these guys have already said, put up some flyers, talk to guys in the area, grab a plat book and start looking around. Not sure how familiar you are with that area, but most land owners are gonna play things close to the chest, with close friends and family getting the hunting rights, however Money talks and BS walks. @ Luie, you have a lot to learn bud, leasing has become the nature of the beast, I personally don't lease any ground right now, but if I had a dynamite spot that I wanted to keep to myself I would definitely fork out the cash to keep folks off.
Shaun Patrick
Avery Prostaff
HEVI-Shot Prostaff
SPatrick
State Moderator

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting