WAL-MART SPORTING GOODS SUCK

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, huntall6, Illinois-Ducker

WAL-MART SPORTING GOODS SUCK

Postby MOSSBERG935 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:45 pm

I WAS IN CARBONDALE WAL-MART SHOPPING TODAY. I PASSED BY THE DUCK CALLS AND THOUGHT HUH...I WONDER WHAT THE "DUCK COMMANDER" CALL SOUNDS LIKE. I OPENED HER UP AND BLEW SOME SOFT CALLS.

THATS WHEN I WAS MET BY AN EMPLOYEE WHO WORKS SPORTING GOODS SHE TOLD ME, "PLEASE DON'T BLOW THE CALLS, CAUSE PEOPLE DON'T LIKE TO BUY THEM AFTER THEY BEEN BLOWN." SHE GAVE ME A FILTHY LOOK AND WALKED AWAY.

:pissed:
I MEAN AM I WRONG TO TEST A CALL BEFORE BUYING. DO YOU ALL TEST BEFORE BUYING????
I JUST HAD TO VENT. HAPPY HUNTING ALL.
MOSSBERG935
hunter

Postby Illinois-Ducker » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:25 pm

Wow, i would have turned to her and gave her a highball right in the ear!!!!!
Illinois-Ducker
State Moderator

Postby poi96 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:25 pm

Thanks for letting me know you blew the calls in the C'dale Wally World! Wont be testin any out.....especially with nasty germies :laughing: J/K Hell yes you should test the calls out, and yes the employees there are idiots.
poi96
hunter

Postby goosehunter64 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:20 am

I was told the same thing......KMA. :toofunny: :toofunny:
Rob.
Team WingLock
Lock'em "N" Rock'em
goosehunter64
hunter

Postby huntgreenhead2 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:33 pm

You can say that again wal-marts around here don't sell firearms anymore and before long probably no ammo. the other day I stopped to get idnr regulations book and they said we didn't get any this year. and I would tell them to stick the $15 call where the sun doesn't shine. I was at gander mountain one time and wanted to check out some of the calls in the fancy case. so they pulled out a $125 call for me and said try it out. I have come to the conclusion that wal-mart sporting goods sucks period no matter what type of hunting you do.
huntgreenhead2
Newb

Postby zettler » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:42 pm

It is too bad when anyone quits selling firearms as it diminishs the exposure and opportunity. In many places anymore, the doggone Wal-Marts are the only places to get your gear - regularly and in an emergency.

I am not a WalMart fan by any means but it has gotten so bad in many places that they are the only game in town...

By the way, Gander Mountain has a sign in many stores that says they cannot accept calls for returns which I find amazing since they allow you to try them out (as ALL store should)...
Never Forget. Never.

Fool people once - Shame on you.

Fool people twice - Shame on us.
zettler
hunter

Postby wtrfwlr » Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:54 pm

Yeah that woman was kerry, i used to work at walmart in sporting goods. But you all have to understand that the people that shop at wal mart are dickheads too, and the employees are treated like crap. But anyway I would have blew a freakin high ball right in her face too.
wtrfwlr
hunter

Postby Gopack » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:59 am

Guess I'll play devil's advocate. Yes you should be able to blow a high end call before buying it in most stores. Wal-Mart is NOT most stores. There is a reason you pay the cheapest price:customer service ain't the reason either. I agree that before I buy a Foiles, RNt,hell yes I'm gonna blow it. But do you really need to blow a $9 Duck Commander?The Walmart policy is the same down here and I honestly don't have any problem with it. Now if I went to Cabelas and they said I couldn't blow it yea I'ld have a problem, but again you have to give up employees going that extra mile when you pay walmart prices, Just my.02!
Gopack
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting