Waterfowl questionare....

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, SPatrick, Illinois-Ducker, huntall6

Waterfowl questionare....

Postby gearhead80 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:48 pm

So a buddy of mine got the 2012-2013 waterfowl survey and he told me the only thing he got out of this thing was they are looking to shorten the season. Either a 45 day continuous or a split season with combining the central and northern zones and also combining the 2 southern zones. Basically they were asking which he would prefer. Anyone heard or seen any of this? If this is what they are trying to do, that will be terrible!! I don't get why anyone would feel this is nessecary with the way the last few years have been overall??
If I ask a question, I don't want your opinion. I want facts.
Don't tell me something you think, tell me something you know.
It's easier to say I don't know, than make something up.
Although, being a forum the next guy will know more no matter what.
gearhead80
hunter

Re: Waterfowl questionare....

Postby DieselTech84 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:42 pm

I agree, that sounds stupid. I did not get a survey this year but I actually wish they would start and end the season later in the central zone.
DieselTech84
hunter

Postby diverhunter50 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:05 pm

I got the survey this year as well and two years ago. The 45 day/30 day question was on both of them. I believe it is just a standard question on the survey, not stating that we will have a 45 or 30 day season, just what you would prefer "if" we had one.

Any body know of any where you can find results of the survey when they are compiled. I am interested to know what the state actually takes into consideration and what they do if anything based on the information they receive from them.

Was the changing to four zones based on survey results?

If you haven't been out to your favorite waterfowl place lately, the spring migration is an awesome spectacular and I would assume about peak in the northern part of the state.
diverhunter50
hunter

Postby gearhead80 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:51 pm

The river by me is FULL of birds!! I can't wait to get on the river fishing next weekend and see what else down there..
If I ask a question, I don't want your opinion. I want facts.
Don't tell me something you think, tell me something you know.
It's easier to say I don't know, than make something up.
Although, being a forum the next guy will know more no matter what.
gearhead80
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:15 pm

diverhunter50 wrote:Any body know of any where you can find results of the survey when they are compiled?

Should only be a FOIA request by mail to the right location. Of course, impossible to locate on the Internet since DNR is great at updating and refreshing webpages.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby Skyblaster7 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:53 am

KillerKowalski wrote:
diverhunter50 wrote:Any body know of any where you can find results of the survey when they are compiled?

Should only be a FOIA request by mail to the right location. Of course, impossible to locate on the Internet since DNR is great at updating and refreshing webpages.

http://wwx.inhs.illinois.edu/programs/h ... t-reports/

These surveys are not from IDNR, they're from the Illinois Natural History Survey. The results are used by IDNR.
Skyblaster7
Forum Moderator

Postby shelbyvilleducker » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:34 pm

Saw ponds full of divers and others along I70 yesterday. My son even harvested a few on takeoff from Scott AFB in the afternoon.Image
I'm behind in the count for the new year.
shelbyvilleducker
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting