Illinois has screwed me from 700 miles away....

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, SPatrick, Illinois-Ducker, huntall6

Illinois has screwed me from 700 miles away....

Postby chrispbrown27 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:43 am

So I'm down here in Texas training and I decided it was time for a new shotgun this year. Since I have a Sportsmans Warehouse, a Bass Pro Shop, and a Cabelas right around me I decided to look around. Low and behold Ill. residents can not buy firearms in Texas. So, no it looks like I have to sit on my hands til i get home, sometime in November probably. It just amazes me that I am 700 miles away from the state and Chicago still has control over my life.
Chris
Vegetarian- Indian word for lousy hunter.
chrispbrown27
hunter

Postby Illinois-Ducker » Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:57 am

That kinda sounds like a weird texas rule to me, but still sorry bout that.
Illinois-Ducker
State Moderator

Postby goosecaller » Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:21 am

Why can't you buy guns in another state?
call 'em in and kill 'em all
goosecaller
hunter

Postby jaysweet3 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:44 pm

Freaking Illinois!! They make so manny hoops for us to jump through. If it weren't for Chicago, it wouldn't be a bad state to live in. After eight years I have had my fill with that town and moved out.
jaysweet3
hunter

Postby FDM » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:30 am

That's weird I bought a shotgun in South Dakota while I was living in Chicago a few years back. Chicago sucks, Daley needs to go. But we don't want Jesse Jackass as Mayor either. Have a Texan buy it then he can loan in to you......oh wait straw purchase. Illinois does suck.
FDM
hunter

Postby zettler » Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:31 am

Either the store(s) have that policy or someone was misinformed. I believe the only caveat is that they have to follow the same requirements (waiting period, etc.) that you would have to follow in your home state. In other words, if Illinois requires a 48-hour waiting period, the other state would have to also. You should still be able to buy it and have it shipped to a licensed dealer locally...after the Illinois requirements are met.
Never Forget. Never.

Fool people once - Shame on you.

Fool people twice - Shame on us.
zettler
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting