200 yards is 200 yards!!

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, SPatrick, Illinois-Ducker, huntall6

200 yards is 200 yards!!

Postby wtrfwlr » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:56 pm

Just in case someone doesn't know if you hunt public free lance places you have to be 200 yards from other parties. So if there is someone else there before you, you must be 200 yards apart. My theory is if you are within 200 yards i'm peppering your ass!! If you can't judge distances then let me know and i will personally take you out and count out 200 yards!!!
wtrfwlr
hunter

Postby MOSSBERG935 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:42 pm

amen brother. i love to hunt oakwood bottoms, but there are idiots there that don't understand the 200 yd rule.
MOSSBERG935
hunter

Postby skybroom » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:55 pm

I'm not sure if it's don't understand the 200 yards or don't care. Between that and skybusting/treetopping I quit hunting there almost 20 yrs ago.

It's almost heartbreaking to have ducks working your spread in the timber and have some numbnuts bust at them over the trees on the swing.
skybroom
hunter

Postby DRYLOK » Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:05 am

skybroom wrote:I'm not sure if it's don't understand the 200 yards or don't care. Between that and skybusting/treetopping I quit hunting there almost 20 yrs ago.

It's almost heartbreaking to have ducks working your spread in the timber and have some numbnuts bust at them over the trees on the swing.

What do you mean "Almost"? It flat pisses me off.However on the flip side I will never feel guilty about shooting ducks that are actually decoying right in even if the group next to me has some trying. It's first come first serve......
"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent."
-Thomas Jefferson-
DRYLOK
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting