Anybody have room for a new Hunter this season?

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, huntall6, SPatrick, Illinois-Ducker

Anybody have room for a new Hunter this season?

Postby lpd5408 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:17 am

Like the title says Im new. Went out about four times last season. Saw a little and shot nothing. Live in Belleville Illinois. Have to get my tags, but other than that I have waiters, shotgun, shells, and a few decoys. Let me know here or email me at lpd5408@hotmail.com
Thanks
Ryan
lpd5408
Newb

Postby zettler » Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:56 am

I am nearly 100 miles away but if I go you can call me.

However, having said that, have you looked into the Carlyle Sub-impoundments? They shouldn't be more than 60 miles away from you and when the ducks are there (and the yahoos aren't), you can have a pretty good time. I have gone there alone a number of times over the years and ended up tying in with someone new - as it can be better most times to cooperate than compete!

Good luck!
Never Forget. Never.

Fool people once - Shame on you.

Fool people twice - Shame on us.
zettler
hunter

Postby fairgamedq » Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:14 pm

Im from nashville and like he said the sub-impoundments are good when u can avoid the yahoos. We hunt there pretty often and we dont do to bad. Ive found on the weekdays all the hunters who are there are mostly good sportsmen and seem like good people. It pays to do ur homework there though. If ur interested just send me a message or somethen and we can figure somethen out.
fairgamedq
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting