guides or outfitters

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, Illinois-Ducker, huntall6

guides or outfitters

Postby Deerhunter1975 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:51 pm

Wifes family lives in Bloomington and we are planning a visit in the fall , can any of you guys recommend anyone to me for a 2-3day hunt . I will keep looking online , thanks for your help
Deerhunter1975
hunter

Re: guides or outfitters

Postby waterfowler9 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:40 am

There are no duck/goose hunting guides in the Bloomington area. If you are interested, there is a pheasant hunting club just south of town in Heyworth called Deweys hunt club.
waterfowler9
hunter

Postby Deerhunter1975 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:30 am

I am staying in Bloomington and I will drive if needed , thanks for your input
Deerhunter1975
hunter

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:39 pm

There are a lot of clubs in the Braidwood/Mazonia area. These will probably be the best option for your location. Use Google and take your pick. There are a lot of options for you...

I think this is where something clever about tapatalk should go.
luie b wrote:I think you guys were right.
Feelin' Fowl
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:48 pm

There is a duck club in Bloomington. I don't know the name of it, but will try to get it. My Uncle and cousin hunted one last year and cleaned up pretty well. As stated, clubs in the Braidwood area is an option. Braidwood Hunt Club would be the best pick IMO. Bit or Matlock will take the reservation. They won't let you hunt the club if they are not shooting birds, which is a good thing or maybe a bad thing depending on how long you are staying in Bloomington.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby BEDB » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:38 pm

You can drive an hour north and hunt donnelys. Its ten dollars a day and includes a blind, row boat, and decoys. Theres 15 blinds. That way you wouldn't need to haul up a boat and a bunch of decoys. Braidwood is also a great area depending on the time of year. Depends how much money you want to spend
Flocked Wear Field Staff
Bring 'em Down Boys Pro Staff
lock 'em n rock 'em
BEDB
hunter

Postby Deerhunter1975 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:21 pm

Thanks to all that have responded , just looking for a good guide or a place where you can pay by the day to hunt . Killing a ton of birds is not necessarily what I am looking for either I just love to hunt , I am very active in the Hunting Retriever Club and I am the President of Cherokee Foothills HRC .
Deerhunter1975
hunter

Postby coulterville33 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:26 pm

If you want to drive south. Ganderhill.net I guide there
coulterville33
hunter

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:21 am

Deerhunter1975 wrote:Thanks to all that have responded , just looking for a good guide or a place where you can pay by the day to hunt . Killing a ton of birds is not necessarily what I am looking for either I just love to hunt , I am very active in the Hunting Retriever Club and I am the President of Cherokee Foothills HRC .

Get ahold of the HRC club in Richmond. Probably better than a 3 hr drive, but I'm sure those boys would put you on some birds...
Feelin' Fowl
hunter

Postby Deerhunter1975 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:28 am

coulterville33 wrote:If you want to drive south. Ganderhill.net I guide there

thanks can you send me a email with your information . deanruske@gmail.com.
Deerhunter1975
hunter

Postby luie b » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:59 am

BEDB wrote:You can drive an hour north and hunt donnelys. Its ten dollars a day and includes a blind, row boat, and decoys. Theres 15 blinds. That way you wouldn't need to haul up a boat and a bunch of decoys. Braidwood is also a great area depending on the time of year. Depends how much money you want to spend

Where is this at?
**2014-2015 Illinois Waterfowl Season**
Blue-winged teal - 14
luie b
hunter

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:29 pm

luie b wrote:
BEDB wrote:You can drive an hour north and hunt donnelys. Its ten dollars a day and includes a blind, row boat, and decoys. Theres 15 blinds. That way you wouldn't need to haul up a boat and a bunch of decoys. Braidwood is also a great area depending on the time of year. Depends how much money you want to spend

Where is this at?

DePue. It's on the DNR site...

Feelin' Fowl
hunter

Postby BEDB » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:04 pm

Feelin' Fowl wrote:
luie b wrote:

Where is this at?

DePue. It's on the DNR site...

It's a good place if you don't have much gear and don't mind dealing with morons
Flocked Wear Field Staff
Bring 'em Down Boys Pro Staff
lock 'em n rock 'em
BEDB
hunter

Postby Braidwood Hunter » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:57 pm

If I was you, I'd drive as far west as possible and find the nearest bridges over the Illinois and Miss Rivers. If you hunt Arkansas like the rest of SC waterfowlers, you'll be greatly disappointed with the lack of water, management, and birds in this state. And I really hope you guys aren't trying to pull a quick one on this innocent man by recommending the bwood clubs after the last 2 years.
Braidwood Hunter
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:51 pm

At least my referral is ethical. There is another club West of the lake who will take a hunters money when they know they have not been killing birds. My referral was exactly opposite of that. Bit or Matlock will cancel the morning of to not rob people of their money. It's not a secret Braidwood area hasn't killed birds in the past few years. Go a few miles North and you'll get whiplash if you scout properly.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting