Waterfowl Hunting near Maple Park Illinois

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, SPatrick, Illinois-Ducker, huntall6

Waterfowl Hunting near Maple Park Illinois

Postby NewOpportunity » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:59 pm

I'm new to the area and have the opportunity to lease a field in the Maple Park area ...... Any thoughts on this area???? I don't want to give money for a place that might be a bust so any information would be greatly appreciated.
NewOpportunity
Newb

Re: Waterfowl Hunting near Maple Park Illinois

Postby Blackcloud870 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:19 am

Well you could do worse...
I guess it all depends on where your fields is relative to a water source. There are a ton of geese that frequent that area, especially later in the season, otherwise they will often be rather disbursed in the area unless you have a good water source nearby. All that being said, with hunting land in Illinois becoming more and more scarce, it'd be hard for me to tell you not to do it. The only way to be sure is either to spend this season keeping an eye on the property to ensure it its productive, and hoping you have the same opportunity next year, or take a potentially expensive gamble this season and let the chips fall where they may.
Either way, good luck and keep us posted with your successes.......

Or failures :hi:
threedogs wrote: wrote:One word, Inflatable decoys......

DanJeffandJack wrote:I just drink beer and crush box.

That's how I remain the physical specimen that I am.
Blackcloud870
hunter

Re: Waterfowl Hunting near Maple Park Illinois

Postby KillerKowalski » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:30 pm

Blackcloud870 wrote:Either way, good luck and keep us posted with your successes.......Or failures

Admitted failures take some shame and rarely heard of on the board. Though, I fail every day. Heck, I get ripped on YouTube for my lack of calling skills, but I still kill birds.

To the OP, I have no information on Maple Park. The few times I have drove through the area I have seen fields hold geese. Knock on doors. I can't picture land being taken up in the area with the lack of population. Have permission slips preprinted and filled out with your information ready to go. Let us know how it goes.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting