New here

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, huntall6, SPatrick, Illinois-Ducker

New here

Postby Duckcommander727 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:56 pm

So I got stationed at Scott afb back in March. Been doing doing some scouting and I'm just wondering where...joking, screw that noise. I'm from east coast we never had the opportunity to field hunt.

From what I've gathered field hunting is kind of big here, is it best for me to drop the cash on a layout blind? I'm trying to learn the Midwest ways. So far it is looking a hell of a lot better than Carolina duck hunting.
Nick Roehl wrote:Anymore of it on the open forum will result in a 2 week time out. You know the type you give to children when they won't listen.
Duckcommander727
hunter

Re: New here

Postby jaysweet3 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:23 am

I know you're close to St Louis, which means you're close to the Mississippi. That's where it's at. If you go east looking for hunting opportunities, yes, it will be mostly field hunting. If I were you, I'd look into finding opportunities along the Miss. That's gonna be where it's at.
The road to diabetes will be sweet.
jaysweet3
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:15 am

Jay hit the nail on the head. Couldn't you of thought of any better screen name?!?! Nothing against Phil, but this DC wave is unbelievable. Hell, Si's tea cup is selling now.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:32 am

KillerKowalski wrote:Jay hit the nail on the head. Couldn't you of thought of any better screen name?!?! Nothing against Phil, but this DC wave is unbelievable. Hell, Si's tea cup is selling now.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd bet that he will tell us he's been using that name for a long time, and the new Duck Commander craze has ruined it for him.

Remember Michael Bolton from "Office Space"? "Why should I change my name? He's the one that sucks".

I'm his defense he joined in '11 which was before the craze stated. I think...
luie b wrote:I think you guys were right.
Feelin' Fowl
hunter

Postby QuackSmacker935 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:34 am

KillerKowalski wrote:Jay hit the nail on the head. Couldn't you of thought of any better screen name?!?! Nothing against Phil, but this DC wave is unbelievable. Hell, Si's tea cup is selling now.

I'll second that... But welcome! :thumbsup:
QuackSmacker935
hunter

Postby jaysweet3 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:54 am

This guy's been on the site for close to two years. He's just new to Illinois. In the internet age, two years is old school. He was into Duck Commander way back when.
The road to diabetes will be sweet.
jaysweet3
hunter

Postby Duckcommander727 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:26 pm

I hate you all.
Nick Roehl wrote:Anymore of it on the open forum will result in a 2 week time out. You know the type you give to children when they won't listen.
Duckcommander727
hunter

Postby Duckcommander727 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:27 pm

Except Jay, he helped
Duckcommander727
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:34 pm

LOL. Tough love, man. I will help you out too. Call em close and shoot em straight. Can you like me now?

I would take you out if you were closer to Northern/Central border. It would be a haul to just look at clouds all day and think you saw a duck fly over.

And, I will admit fault. I never looked at your post numbers. I assumed you just registered. My bad. Stupid Polack.
Last edited by KillerKowalski on Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby Duckcommander727 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:38 pm

I'm from south Carolina, if we think we saw a duck it was a damn good morning. :lol: just say when. :lol:
Duckcommander727
hunter

Postby Blackcloud870 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:02 pm

Yeah, what these guys said DC. You ain't too far off the x where your at. I do know it can get pretty cutthroat out there though. There are a few really good members of this site from that area that I will pm and ask if I can put you in contact with them. It wouldn't surprise me if you knew who they are already though :thumbsup:
threedogs wrote: wrote:One word, Inflatable decoys......

DanJeffandJack wrote:I just drink beer and crush box.

That's how I remain the physical specimen that I am.
Blackcloud870
hunter

Postby Duckcommander727 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:38 pm

If they're military I may. I'm not sure, if not. I appreciate man x
Duckcommander727
hunter

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:07 pm

Duckcommander727 wrote:I hate you all.

So hatefull! :lol3:
Feelin' Fowl
hunter

Postby Cujo1 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:42 pm

Feelin' Fowl wrote:
Duckcommander727 wrote:I hate you all.

So hatefull! :lol3:

I was going to offer help, but............
All turkeys must die!

bighop wrote:Destined to be a child of the system now. Bounced around from house to house, abused, mistreated, earning his way on the streets. There's probably an expensive crack habit and a pair of those hind-leg wheels in his near futre.
Cujo1
hunter

Postby Duckcommander727 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:43 pm

Cujo my man, you wasn't involved in that hatefulness you're better than that.
Duckcommander727
hunter

Postby Cujo1 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:10 pm

Duckcommander727 wrote:Cujo my man, you wasn't involved in that hatefulness you're better than that.

Price is going up.
All turkeys must die!

bighop wrote:Destined to be a child of the system now. Bounced around from house to house, abused, mistreated, earning his way on the streets. There's probably an expensive crack habit and a pair of those hind-leg wheels in his near futre.
Cujo1
hunter

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:14 pm

Cujo1 wrote:
Duckcommander727 wrote:Cujo my man, you wasn't involved in that hatefulness you're better than that.

Price is going up.

Have you seen his offers for the Byers hunt? That might be a good starting point...
Feelin' Fowl
hunter

Postby Duckcommander727 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:17 pm

Not a damn thing did I offer. Cujo, you close to marion? I know some fine women in that area.
Duckcommander727
hunter

Postby Cujo1 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:14 pm

Duckcommander727 wrote:Not a damn thing did I offer. Cujo, you close to marion? I know some fine women in that area.

Married, try again.
All turkeys must die!

Cujo1
hunter

Postby Duckcommander727 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:24 pm

I was asking if you were close, gracious.
Duckcommander727
hunter

Postby Cujo1 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:39 pm

Duckcommander727 wrote:I was asking if you were close, gracious.

You need an avatar.
All turkeys must die!

Cujo1
hunter

Postby Duckcommander727 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:45 pm

Didn't know it was gone
Duckcommander727
hunter

Postby huntall6 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:07 am

if you head east, your welcome to head out with me. i can show you the area about 2hrs east of 'ya :lol3: . maybe you and cujo could come up for a goose hunt if we get 'em patterned well enough this winter. you got my # cujo if you want to take me up on that offer. DC, i can at least let you know some gun laws (if you cant make it for a hunt) if need be here in the nanny state. Pm me if you need any help.
steve-o wrote:Fight like a kid and you will never lose.

vincentpa wrote: My hairdresser is gay.
huntall6
State Moderator

Postby Cujo1 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:51 am

huntall6 wrote:if you head east, your welcome to head out with me. i can show you the area about 2hrs east of 'ya :lol3: . maybe you and cujo could come up for a goose hunt if we get 'em patterned well enough this winter. you got my # cujo if you want to take me up on that offer. DC, i can at least let you know some gun laws (if you cant make it for a hunt) if need be here in the nanny state. Pm me if you need any help.

I'll probably take you up on that Huntall, I'm thinking I might explore a little more this year instead of the same ol thing. I had a real good duck year, minus opening day, and even killed a few geese.
All turkeys must die!

Cujo1
hunter

Postby Duckcommander727 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:41 am

huntall6 wrote:if you head east, your welcome to head out with me. i can show you the area about 2hrs east of 'ya :lol3: . maybe you and cujo could come up for a goose hunt if we get 'em patterned well enough this winter. you got my # cujo if you want to take me up on that offer. DC, i can at least let you know some gun laws (if you cant make it for a hunt) if need be here in the nanny state. Pm me if you need any help.

Huntall, I'll take up up on that for sure. I'll shoot you apm here soon. There is a lot of questions annoy the gun laws here.
Duckcommander727
hunter

Next

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting