Spring lake by savana

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, huntall6, SPatrick, Illinois-Ducker

Spring lake by savana

Postby Buckwild22 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:31 pm

Anybody have any experience out there. A couple buddies and me are thinking about going out there early season and don't know how it is so just asking if it's worth it, not for spots. Thanks guys. 1 month away!!
Lucky Duck Pro staff
Buckwild22
hunter

Re: Spring lake by savana

Postby Sfd714 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:16 pm

I just fish there during the summer. I know there are a few people on here that can answer your question good luck. Im actually looking at spring lake as i type this.
Sfd714
hunter

Postby justinduckman7 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:36 pm

If you are gonna hunt up their you better get the boat out and go find where to run and where not to or you will tear up your motor. Lots of stumps and they are like concrete boulders
(IF IT FLIES IT DIES AND IF IT SITS THEIR IT STILL DIES ) Let's go shoot their faces off
justinduckman7
hunter

Postby diverhunter50 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:46 am

River is low, I agree you should check it out before you go. Early season will be crazy, hundreds of people. Opening weekend even worse. Midnight-1AM run, people sleeping in boats, I'd suggest waiting for all the weekend warriors to give up after the first couple weeks. During the week seems to be about the best time to hunt, unless you don't mind hunting on top of each other.
diverhunter50
hunter

Postby Buckwild22 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:04 pm

Ok thanks for the input guys. I definitely wont be out there first week. A buddy if supposed to go cruise it with the gps marking so hopefully that will work, THE TIME IS NEAR!!
Lucky Duck Pro staff
Buckwild22
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting