Looking for someone to hunt with

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, SPatrick, Illinois-Ducker, huntall6

Looking for someone to hunt with

Postby Philmc » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:15 pm

I know I'm asking a lot here, but looking for someone with some land to duck/goose hunt with or some knowledge of regulations for hunting Rock River. I just put in for blind for pool 16. I think my odds were better to win the lottery. So I didn't get drawn for a blind and now I'm trying to figure out what to do. I have a boat and could hunt the river but have gotten mixed feedback on where it is ok to hunt rock river. Can I hunt anywhere from an anchored boat or do I have to have land owner permission, as I've heard land owner owns into waterway. I've never gotten heavy into duck hunting, hunted over fields a few times and jumped some ditches, that's about it. Really want to spend more time waterfowl hunting this year. I live in colona, Il if anyone can help.
Philmc
Newb

Re: Looking for someone to hunt with

Postby WTRlabDOG » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:20 pm

Hello,

Philmc wrote: I have a boat and could hunt the river but have gotten mixed feedback on where it is ok to hunt rock river. Can I hunt anywhere from an anchored boat or do I have to have land owner permission, as I've heard land owner owns into waterway. I've never gotten heavy into duck hunting, hunted over fields a few times and jumped some ditches, that's about it. Really want to spend more time waterfowl hunting this year. I live in colona, Il if anyone can help.

I feel the same way each year after the drawings too... However, it's always good to see some of the guys and talk about years past.

I would recommend contacting your local CO. Yes, you may not get a call back in the first day, but call the local parks up that way that allow duck hunting. I know that this question comes up every year, so it maybe already in the forum. I would also recommend to you to go to local stores and research your area really hard.

best of luck,
Please check out my website @ http://www.capitol-outdoorsman..com

Follow me on twitter @capitoloutdoors
Follow me on facebook @ capitoloutdoorsman
WTRlabDOG
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:03 pm

I can't help you with any info that you are requesting. And, yes, WTR is correct. The question about IL waterways comes up yearly. Call Conservation Police and I'm sure they will get back to you.

I could always use another Sherpa if you lived closer. :welcome:
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby Philmc » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:39 pm

I appreciate the input. I'm gonna call the local DNR rep and get some input as well as see if I can get in touch with a local CO to find out about regulations on the Rock River. Last thing I want to do is break any regulations or laws.
Philmc
Newb

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting