cabelas

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, SPatrick, Illinois-Ducker, huntall6

cabelas

Postby coulterville33 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:11 pm

Don't forget Cabelas waterfowl weekend is this weekend. Hope to see some of ya there
coulterville33
hunter

Re: cabelas

Postby Ed L. » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:49 am

Hi...went to Cabelas in Hoffman Estates, IL this past weekend. I didn't see anything about waterfowl Weekend. Wrong Cabelas? Bought a new shotgun anyway...lol
Ed L.
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:06 pm

The OP and I spoke about that. He is from MO.

Hoffman and Hammond locations haven't started their waterfowl sale yet. If your shotgun is lower, Cabelas will price match it within 30 days. If not, threaten the return and then get the refund and have them rering it. I'm speaking from experience. By the way, Hoffman blows. I stopped there last weekend on the way home from Lake Geneva. It got worse. There is nothing in stock. No pac boots, no layouts on display, almost all the goose decoys are boxed, waterfowl clothing was exactly two racks, etc. List goes on. I'll stick to Hammond on my travels to South Bend.

Hoffman flyer location http://www.cabelas.com/stores/store_inf ... geName=021
Hammond flyer location http://www.cabelas.com/stores/store_inf ... geName=024
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby gearhead80 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:44 pm

It was just a fall hunting sale or something... Havent seen anything about the waterfowl sale yet. Maybe in the upcoming weekends??
If I ask a question, I don't want your opinion. I want facts.
Don't tell me something you think, tell me something you know.
It's easier to say I don't know, than make something up.
Although, being a forum the next guy will know more no matter what.
gearhead80
hunter

Postby lckstckn2smknbrls » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:15 pm

The Hoffman Estates store did their waterfowl boot camp and early goose field hunting seminars 2 weekends ago.
I was there.
lckstckn2smknbrls
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:59 pm

Yea, but the sale hasn't started. At least I hope it didn't. I know those B2s will drop to $119. The current price of $139 is a fluke. I'm waiting for it.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby Ed L. » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:39 pm

Can't dispute the fact the Hoffman Estates sucks but when your stuck with Gander Mountain and ***** Sporting Goods where I live....well I've made 3 big ticket purchases at Hoffman Estates and so far so good. Just don't go thinking your going to get to try on that pair of waders in the catalog or find that 4-in-1 coat you've been drooling over. As a matter of fact I have yet to see much waterfowling anything in stock.
Ed L.
hunter

Postby lckstckn2smknbrls » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:24 pm

Ed L. wrote:Can't dispute the fact the Hoffman Estates sucks but when your stuck with Gander Mountain and ***** Sporting Goods where I live....well I've made 3 big ticket purchases at Hoffman Estates and so far so good. Just don't go thinking your going to get to try on that pair of waders in the catalog or find that 4-in-1 coat you've been drooling over. As a matter of fact I have yet to see much waterfowling anything in stock.

I can't really fault Cabelas for the small selection in the store. When Hoffman Estates and or Crook county screwed them on the tax incentive deal to build there Cabelas shut down the whole second floor sales area which is where the waterfowl hunting gear was.
lckstckn2smknbrls
hunter

Postby gearhead80 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:55 pm

It's cheaper for me to order stuff on-line when they do the $5 shipping deal rather than driving 2 hours one way. Plus it shows up in 3 days or so and it's not an all day trip east on 90!!
If I ask a question, I don't want your opinion. I want facts.
Don't tell me something you think, tell me something you know.
It's easier to say I don't know, than make something up.
Although, being a forum the next guy will know more no matter what.
gearhead80
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:08 pm

gearhead80 wrote:It's cheaper for me to order stuff on-line when they do the $5 shipping deal rather than driving 2 hours one way. Plus it shows up in 3 days or so and it's not an all day trip east on 90!!

I hear ya. I agree. I do buy a lot from Cabelas, but nothing that is not on sale. Their regular prices are ridiculous! Plenty of other retailers who forget to cancel coupon codes. :thumbsup:
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby rism » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:28 am

Not intending to insult anyone here but --- Not a lot of waterfowl hunting done in Hoffman Estates or really very close buy - after all it is Chicagoland and heaven help us if anyone but a gangmember fires a gun in that area. I think if Cabelas had to do it over again they would not open the store. Chicago firearm policy, taxes, politicians, etc. etc. do nothing to promote the outdoor's. Nothing personal, just my view. I have friends from Naperville, Batavia, Joliet that come down here to hunt on a regular basis. They all hate that area but that is where their livelihood is (for now). I know 3 that got out.
rism
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:01 am

rism wrote:Not intending to insult anyone here but --- Not a lot of waterfowl hunting done in Hoffman Estates or really very close buy - after all it is Chicagoland and heaven help us if anyone but a gangmember fires a gun in that area. I think if Cabelas had to do it over again they would not open the store. Chicago firearm policy, taxes, politicians, etc. etc. do nothing to promote the outdoor's. Nothing personal, just my view. I have friends from Naperville, Batavia, Joliet that come down here to hunt on a regular basis. They all hate that area but that is where their livelihood is (for now). I know 3 that got out.

I wouldn't think anyone would take it personal. I'm sure we are all aware of the gun policy our state provides or lack there of, which ever side we choose to be on. Where is "down here"? The Chicago suburbs can provide great hunts. Actually, there is plenty of fowlin around the Northern zone. If there wasn't, weekends would be quite and I would have permission to every field I wanted.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby lckstckn2smknbrls » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:42 pm

I'm in Algonquin and can be in a blind in 20 minuets.
lckstckn2smknbrls
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting