Big Muddy

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, SPatrick, Illinois-Ducker, huntall6

Big Muddy

Postby ILgoosehunter12 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:02 pm

hey guys, just wondering if anybody has heard anything about the DNR wanting to stake the Big Muddy sub side of Rend Lake. I've heard multiple rumors, but don't know. Just wondering if anybody has heard anything.
I don't want it, i just need it. To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive
ILgoosehunter12
hunter

Re: Big Muddy

Postby BuckCreek » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:11 am

It was going to be but to many people complained so it is not going to be now.
BuckCreek
hunter

Postby Skyblaster7 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:02 am

BuckCreek wrote:It was going to be but to many people complained so it is not going to be now.

They withdrew the change because they recognized they were trying to do a very big change and didn't communicate that with the local hunters. Had nothing to do with the number of complaints.

This issue will come up again.
Skyblaster7
Forum Moderator

Postby fullbored » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:57 pm

If nobody complained then it would of went through. So it had to do with number of complaints. Agreed on it being a large charge with little to no feedback from the community
fullbored
hunter

Postby BuckCreek » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:51 pm

Gw said it was complaints but no matter what it was as long as its not draw I'm happy
BuckCreek
hunter

Postby ILgoosehunter12 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:13 pm

just heard that today. im happy. i heard "it will not happen this year" this year kinda threw up the flag that iw ill be back next year.
ILgoosehunter12
hunter

Postby Cujo1 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:02 pm

I was really hoping they would stake it.
All turkeys must die!

bighop wrote:Destined to be a child of the system now. Bounced around from house to house, abused, mistreated, earning his way on the streets. There's probably an expensive crack habit and a pair of those hind-leg wheels in his near futre.
Cujo1
hunter

Postby ILgoosehunter12 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:58 pm

Cujo1 wrote:I was really hoping they would stake it.

im no hardcore west-sider or anything. but i really hate the draw. i like the way the west side is right now. but, if they decide to stake it, stake it all. if your not goin to stake it dont. i know what they will do. they will just make it a circus and stake 15 spots and leave the rest as free-lance. if they do decide to stake it, they had better stake it all or there will be more problems then before.
ILgoosehunter12
hunter

Postby BuckCreek » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:03 pm

There's nothing like passing someone that forgot where the cut was to get into to buck creek stakes would take the fun out of it. ilgoose you got a fast enough boat for that too :biggrin:
BuckCreek
hunter

Postby ILgoosehunter12 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:07 pm

BuckCreek wrote:There's nothing like passing someone that forgot where the cut was to get into to buck creek stakes would take the fun out of it. ilgoose you got a fast enough boat for that too :biggrin:

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: yep. that cut is fun in my boat. trust me! :lol3:
ILgoosehunter12
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:15 pm

I never hunted the Big Muddy but have hunted Clinton Lake a lot. In the years I've hunted there the state has staked first one end and called that the walk-ins. Then the exact other end where the refuge was got turned into walk-ins. Now there is a completely different area they call "walk-ins".

The problem is that it's nearly impossible to walk in because there are no trails to walk on. They have hiking trails but getting to a duck stake...nothing.
It's thick and full of sticker bushes and thorn trees. Steep banks and extremely tall weeds in some places. Walking in would be a huge mistake.(I tried) The point is that The State is clueless and thinks all they gotta do is pound in a stake and enforce it. I'm betting they'll first try this, then that, and finally give up after wasting a ton of time and money putting the stupid stakes in. They just don't think things all the way through. That's my opinion so take it or leave it.
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
memberhip was not approved

Postby fullbored » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:35 am

It's fine the way it is. Hell i've seen fist fights at the draw too . There has been some valve stems ripped out up there too.
fullbored
hunter

Postby ILgoosehunter12 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:00 pm

fullbored wrote:It's fine the way it is. Hell i've seen fist fights at the draw too . There has been some valve stems ripped out up there too.

This...............This is true.
ILgoosehunter12
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting