temporary boat registration/title transfer

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, huntall6, SPatrick, Illinois-Ducker

temporary boat registration/title transfer

Postby aunt betty » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:20 am

I have that...
August 1, 2013

When does it expire?

Am concerned I wont get my title, registration, and stickers in time before I leave the glorious lovely state of Illinois.
AGFC says, NO, they will not honor expired temporary registration. Knowing when it expires just got very important.
Well? How long do I have?

I want my title back too.
Registration is important. Especially when traveling to another state to kill chit with guns.
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
memberhip was not approved

Re: temporary boat registration/title transfer

Postby gearhead80 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:03 pm

According to the back of the transfer paperwork the temp form is good for "120 days from the date of application subject to all provisions of the Illinois Boat Registration and Saftey Act."

That's on the back side where the fees are all listed in the right column toward the bottom. Or you can call (217)557-0180 with any questions. Hope this helps, I'm still waiting for boat paperwork myself.

Here is a link to that said act for your reading pleasure..
http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs/il ... nd=5000000
If I ask a question, I don't want your opinion. I want facts.
Don't tell me something you think, tell me something you know.
It's easier to say I don't know, than make something up.
Although, being a forum the next guy will know more no matter what.
gearhead80
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:54 pm

gearhead80 wrote:According to the back of the transfer paperwork the temp form is good for "120 days from the date of application subject to all provisions of the Illinois Boat Registration and Saftey Act."

That's on the back side where the fees are all listed in the right column toward the bottom. Or you can call (217)557-0180 with any questions. Hope this helps, I'm still waiting for boat paperwork myself.

Here is a link to that said act for your reading pleasure..
http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs/il ... nd=5000000

The gw I just got off the phone with told me it has no expiration since that state is so far behind on titles and registrations.
My temp. registration expires on February 1, 2014.
God thats cutting it close...
AGFC will honor my temp. registration until Feb. 1.
Duck season ends at end of January so I am good to go.

Thanks man. Was sweating about this boat crap.
aunt betty

Postby gearhead80 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:44 pm

So you didn't read the boat act thing?? I thought it was good material!! :fingerhead:
If I ask a question, I don't want your opinion. I want facts.
Don't tell me something you think, tell me something you know.
It's easier to say I don't know, than make something up.
Although, being a forum the next guy will know more no matter what.
gearhead80
hunter

Postby Ed L. » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:02 pm

I was in the same boat so to speak back in the spring when I was heading to Arkansas for a fishing trip. I emailed the DNR watercraft department with my concerns. They replied with an email all the information I was waiting for. Registration numbers I'd be issued, Title information and a contact number if I was stopped in Arkansas. They were very nice about it and of course I didn't see a CO on my trip but it was nice to have the info just in case. I was told Illinois is so far behind that they have outsourced some of the work to Tennessee. That of course makes it even worst in my opinion.
Ed L.
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:54 pm

Ed L. wrote:I was in the same boat so to speak back in the spring when I was heading to Arkansas for a fishing trip. I emailed the DNR watercraft department with my concerns. They replied with an email all the information I was waiting for. Registration numbers I'd be issued, Title information and a contact number if I was stopped in Arkansas. They were very nice about it and of course I didn't see a CO on my trip but it was nice to have the info just in case. I was told Illinois is so far behind that they have outsourced some of the work to Tennessee. That of course makes it even worst in my opinion.
RATS...I'll be damned...
I was asking office after office for that kind of information. I specifically asked for a contact number so AGFC could call if they had any doubts or concerns when I get checked. They kinda laughed and said, "that's MY problem".
When I asked AGFC what they'd do if I got stopped and checked they said, "that's MY problem" and that I should contact, rofl, the governor of Illinois.
I was on the phone for two days calling IDNR and AGFC asking all sorts of questions.

Who exactly did you email?
aunt betty

Postby Ed L. » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:55 pm

Aunt Betty, I sent you a PM.
Ed L.
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting