Bowhunters

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, huntall6, Illinois-Ducker

Bowhunters

Postby luie b » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:47 pm

Heard this weekend since it's youth season we have to wear all regulation orange if we're bowhunting, is this true? I didn't think we would have to unless you were participating in the youth hunt. I couldn't see why because you can bowhunt during late season and not wear orange. Anybody know if we have to or not?
luie b
hunter

Re: Bowhunters

Postby Cujo1 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:43 pm

luie b wrote:Heard this weekend since it's youth season we have to wear all regulation orange if we're bowhunting, is this true? I didn't think we would have to unless you were participating in the youth hunt. I couldn't see why because you can bowhunt during late season and not wear orange. Anybody know if we have to or not?

If you are bowhunting during any firearm season you have to wear blaze orange. I believe.
All turkeys must die!

bighop wrote:Destined to be a child of the system now. Bounced around from house to house, abused, mistreated, earning his way on the streets. There's probably an expensive crack habit and a pair of those hind-leg wheels in his near futre.
Cujo1
hunter

Postby dangimissedagain » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:45 am

page 14 of the hunting digest covers it, but in a nut shell....

anyone hunting in a county open to firearm hunting (other than waterfowl hunters) during any gun season (youth, firearm, muzzleloader, etc) must wear the blaze orange hat and vest. applies to trappers also.
dangimissedagain
hunter

Postby biscuitsandgravy » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:47 am

Yes you must wear orange.
biscuitsandgravy
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting