New to forum

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, SPatrick, Illinois-Ducker, huntall6

New to forum

Postby Azarnazar » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:59 pm

Just wanting to introduce myself long time lurker first time posting. As for myself i hunt around the famed braidwood lake area i have been hunting for 5 years and really enjoy the heck out of it nothing like having some honkers fly over and bustin on them if you know what i mean. Im hoping to learn from all of you especially kowalski and 87gt seemd like you 2 have a pretty good handle on hunting my area. Best of luck to all this season. And like jeff says cant kill them laid up on the couch
Azarnazar
hunter

Re: New to forum

Postby redneckgoosebuster22 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:09 pm

welcome to the chat. I recently joined myself same thing long time lurker. these guys on here are great to talk to very nice guys. I also hunt braidwood regularly i live right in town 10 min from the lake. 24 years or so in the blind myslef any questions dont hesitate to ask theres alot of knowlegable guys on here. :welcome: :beer:
redneckgoosebuster22
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:25 pm

Welcome! I am no where near as knowledge as I can be. There are lurkers just like yourself once that are veterans that choose not to chime in. Braidwood is really where I had the chance to be accustomed to waterfowl. My Uncle took me there in 2003. Never stopped since. Tom has greater motivation than me to hunt the area. I commend him for passing a way of life to his son. I wish my Dad would have when I was a boy. He did somewhat (pheasant hunting in Dwight. There use to be flocks of wild pheasants 50-200 birds in middle of fields eating. Those were the days), but I was a chicken s*%# to shoot a 20 gauge at 7 or 8. Now, I can't stop ringin' my ears several times a week.

My advice is to please give to the forum what it gives you. If you really think it about it, all the waterfowlers combined on DHC make up a pretty powerful community. Granted, there are a certain few that are challenged. Overall, we have a bunch of stellar die hard duckers all in the exact same spot. I made a lot of friends from this place.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:42 pm

Sounds like a bunch of city boy mumbo jumbo there KK...:grin:

Welcome to the forum! I'm a Braidwood virgin, but I'm going to get in on that action this season. Pretty excited to see what all of the fuss is about!
luie b wrote:I think you guys were right.
Feelin' Fowl
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:41 am

Lol. Bastard.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby sureshot 612 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:48 am

welcome and don't hesitate to ask questions :beer:
OCT. 25TH LET THE PUBLIC FUN BEGIN
sureshot 612
hunter

Location: where ever i want, back to loner time I'm at the next level.riders for a fee

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting