Migration

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, huntall6, Illinois-Ducker

Re: Migration

Postby sureshot 612 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:57 pm

YO MO if i get time and figure out how to post pics ,i my have time on wens to get ya some pics ,as long as you don't ask for the GPSon the spots :smile:
just hanggin till season opens
sureshot 612
hunter
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:30 pm
Location: where ever i want, back to loner time I'm at the next level.riders for a fee


Re: Migration

Postby luie b » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:08 pm

No they only fed in it for an hour or two for two different evenings so I'm sure they didn't eat it down. I think there's just way too many good fields out there right now since there was some corn being shelled still in our area.
**2014-2015 Illinois Waterfowl Season**
Blue-winged teal - 14
User avatar
luie b
hunter
 
Posts: 1081
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:42 pm
Location: Western Illinois (Hancock County)

Re: Migration

Postby KillerKowalski » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:14 pm

Yea then no way they did.

Sure, there's a help thread somewhere about posting pictures.
User avatar
KillerKowalski
hunter
 
Posts: 2356
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:25 pm

Re: Migration

Postby MODuckkiller » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:19 pm

sureshot 612 wrote:YO MO if i get time and figure out how to post pics ,i my have time on wens to get ya some pics ,as long as you don't ask for the GPSon the spots :smile:

Can't guarantee that :wink:

Hahaha just teasing.
MIZ
-MODuckkiller
User avatar
MODuckkiller
hunter
 
Posts: 1595
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:54 am
Location: Missouri, Louisiana

Re: Migration

Postby sureshot 612 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:21 pm

KK ,I'm going to give it a shot ,and did you get my PM
just hanggin till season opens
sureshot 612
hunter
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:30 pm
Location: where ever i want, back to loner time I'm at the next level.riders for a fee

Re: Migration

Postby luie b » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:37 pm

KillerKowalski wrote:Yea then no way they did.

Sure, there's a help thread somewhere about posting pictures.

Yea I've never figured geese in my area out, they loaf and roost the same spots but never usually feed the same field. And I can't hunt my awesome day roost because it's iced over. That spot usually is a guaranteed limit.
**2014-2015 Illinois Waterfowl Season**
Blue-winged teal - 14
User avatar
luie b
hunter
 
Posts: 1081
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:42 pm
Location: Western Illinois (Hancock County)

Re: Migration

Postby KillerKowalski » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:47 pm

No, sir.
User avatar
KillerKowalski
hunter
 
Posts: 2356
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:25 pm

Re: Migration

Postby MODuckkiller » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:57 pm

luie b wrote:
KillerKowalski wrote:Yea then no way they did.

Sure, there's a help thread somewhere about posting pictures.

Yea I've never figured geese in my area out, they loaf and roost the same spots but never usually feed the same field. And I can't hunt my awesome day roost because it's iced over. That spot usually is a guaranteed limit.

Ice Eater man, it's a huge expense, but so worth it. I can attest that it is worth its weight in gold to a duck/goose hunter.
MIZ
-MODuckkiller
User avatar
MODuckkiller
hunter
 
Posts: 1595
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:54 am
Location: Missouri, Louisiana

Re: Migration

Postby luie b » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:40 pm

MODuckkiller wrote:
luie b wrote:
KillerKowalski wrote:Yea then no way they did.

Sure, there's a help thread somewhere about posting pictures.

Yea I've never figured geese in my area out, they loaf and roost the same spots but never usually feed the same field. And I can't hunt my awesome day roost because it's iced over. That spot usually is a guaranteed limit.

Ice Eater man, it's a huge expense, but so worth it. I can attest that it is worth its weight in gold to a duck/goose hunter.

Yea I'm sure it's a good tool but I think I'll be yielding an ax and a steel fence post to break ice. I'm still saving up for a duck boat right now, figure having a good 16 foot john would be better than an ice eater! All I got now is a crappy kayak that I can't hunt out of on the river because it's too flimsy to shoot out of.
**2014-2015 Illinois Waterfowl Season**
Blue-winged teal - 14
User avatar
luie b
hunter
 
Posts: 1081
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:42 pm
Location: Western Illinois (Hancock County)

Re: Migration

Postby WillFultz » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:44 pm

Get an ice eater...it'll be worth the money
WillFultz
hunter
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:07 pm

Migration

Postby KillerKowalski » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:49 am

Eaters are overrated.
User avatar
KillerKowalski
hunter
 
Posts: 2356
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:25 pm

Re: Migration

Postby MODuckkiller » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:14 am

KillerKowalski wrote:Eaters are overrated.

I respectfully disagree.
MIZ
-MODuckkiller
User avatar
MODuckkiller
hunter
 
Posts: 1595
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:54 am
Location: Missouri, Louisiana

Re: Migration

Postby KillerKowalski » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:18 am

It's an inside joke. :lol:
User avatar
KillerKowalski
hunter
 
Posts: 2356
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:25 pm

Re: Migration

Postby MODuckkiller » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:20 am

KillerKowalski wrote:It's an inside joke. :lol:

I am ashamed..... :no:


:lol3:
MIZ
-MODuckkiller
User avatar
MODuckkiller
hunter
 
Posts: 1595
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:54 am
Location: Missouri, Louisiana

Re: Migration

Postby buckwild » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:53 pm

I am hunting in the South Central Zone this weekend, I will not have to worry about ice...I just hope some birds are gonna hang around to use our open water.
buckwild
hunter
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:26 pm

Re: Migration

Postby gearhead80 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:20 pm

I will be going on, under, over, through or whatever it takes with the ice to get the boat out tomorrow!!
If I ask a question, I don't want your opinion. I want facts.
Don't tell me something you think, tell me something you know.
It's easier to say I don't know, than make something up.
Although, being a forum the next guy will know more no matter what.
gearhead80
hunter
 
Posts: 486
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:58 am
Location: ogle county

Re: Migration

Postby KillerKowalski » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:05 pm

:lol: For some reason I don't doubt it. I would like a video taken please. :clapping:
User avatar
KillerKowalski
hunter
 
Posts: 2356
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:25 pm

Re: Migration

Postby ILwaterfowler15 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:26 pm

KillerKowalski wrote:
gearhead80 wrote:I will be going on, under, over, through or whatever it takes with the ice to get the boat out tomorrow!!


:lol: For some reason I don't doubt it. I would like a video taken please. :clapping:


Especially the under part :yes:
User avatar
ILwaterfowler15
hunter
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:19 pm
Location: Mississippi Flyway

Re: Migration

Postby ctmsnow32 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:23 pm

So tomorrow morning is looking like -5 with 20 mph winds... My hands are going to be in and out of water all day. Why am I grinning from ear to ear?!!! good luck guys
ctmsnow32
hunter
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:29 pm

Previous

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests