south central area

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, huntall6, Illinois-Ducker

south central area

Postby Big_Tank » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:03 pm

hey everyone I was hoping someone could give me some insight on a few areas such a rend lake, lake Carlyle , coffeen lake and horseshoe lake ....such as do they have a walk in, is it free range or blinds, do u have to have a boat and outboard or mud motor.... and is there anywhere where you can afternoon hunt.......... my job surprised us with a 10 week job in Pocahontas so im making the best out of it just staying south and hunting south... if someone didn't mind takin me out on a hunt in one of these areas just to show me the area and some do's and dont's it would be highly appreciated too
Big_Tank
hunter

Re: south central area

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:34 am

There are a lot I'd threads on those areas in here. Do a search, and you'll find answers.
luie b wrote:I think you guys were right.
Feelin' Fowl
hunter

Postby 709sim » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:35 am

If you have a specific question about one of those areas pm me.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
709sim
hunter

Postby imboray » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:50 am

Coffeen- You have to hunt out of a boat on designated points in the lake. all of which are North of the plant. you show up fill out a card & drop it in a slot
Carlyle- has several ramps you can hunt the lake from, also has WMA impoundments to walk in. do everyone a favor and scout the place out & just dont show up & fumble around in the dark, not knowing where you are going

the other two I dont know much about
imboray
hunter

Postby Rebels32 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:31 pm

The Horseshoe Lake area in Alexander county has tons of walk in public hunting grounds. No draw necessary..sign in and go. Check the information on the DNR website.
Rebels32
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting