Porters Outdoors Guided Goose Hunts

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, huntall6, Illinois-Ducker

Porters Outdoors Guided Goose Hunts

Postby MaxDuck » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:03 am

Hey guys, for Christmas this year I'm getting my dad and I a guided goose hunt through Porters Outdoors here in IL. I was wondering if any of you had any experience with him/his guides? He seems to be a good guy with a top notch service, but I'm interested what you guys had to say. Thanks
MaxDuck
hunter

Re: Porters Outdoors Guided Goose Hunts

Postby fullbored » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:56 pm

You will kill them. They have some pretty good fields
fullbored
hunter

Postby MaxDuck » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:13 pm

Thanks fullbored, I also heard good things about Bob Rossa. Bob is cheaper but I'm definitely willing to pay more if the hunting is better. Have you had any experience with Bob? Thanks again, really appreciate it.
MaxDuck
hunter

Postby jaysweet3 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:41 am

I've met both of them, never hunted with them. I do know guys that go back to them each year. Either one will suit you. Maybe a difference in blinds, pit vs. layout would help narrow it down.
The road to diabetes will be sweet.
jaysweet3
hunter

Postby fullbored » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:53 pm

Know some guys that hunt with Bob Rossa (two different bunch of guys). They have nothing but good things to say about him and his fields. If you don't have any preferences on the fields you are hunting, which more than likely is going to be a corn field regardless, i would probably go with Bob Rossa if he is cheaper
fullbored
hunter

Postby WillFultz » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:26 pm

Bought a hunt from porters goose club for early season goose...Boyd was the guide...awesome time...very good guide and would definitely recommend them
WillFultz
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting