Embarrassing November Cabelas Sales Ad

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, Illinois-Ducker, huntall6

Embarrassing November Cabelas Sales Ad

Postby KillerKowalski » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:52 pm

Excited this morning to see Cabelas' November ad. Opened it up. Take a look for yourself. Excessively stupid.

http://digitaledition.qwinc.com/publication/?i=180295
KillerKowalski
hunter

Re: Embarrassing November Cabelas Sales Ad

Postby chrispbrown271 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:18 pm

Sadly, someone will collect them all.
Chris
chrispbrown271
hunter

Postby asmythe32 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:37 pm

I fear we may get people into this sport for the wrong reasons from all this robertson hype. I don't blame them for making money where they can I would do the same thing if someone wanted a doll that looked like me. I just hope we dont get a bunch of duck commander wanna be's out there messing our hunts up. I hunt a lot of public ground and so far have not had to deal with anyone being an ass. I feel that may change in the coming years. Cabelas has gone down hill for me. I love GHG decoys because they are affordable and for me they have held up well. No longer at cabelas. I like drake gear because it has done great for me, no longer at cabelas. How can you be the worlds foremost outfitter if you dont sell two of the top brands in the country? Just my .02.
asmythe32
hunter

Postby biscuitsandgravy » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:50 pm

Cabelas went to s#!t long before Duck Dynasty.
biscuitsandgravy
hunter

Postby redneckgoosebuster22 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:08 pm

i always felt out of place in there. felt as if i was supposed to be wearing khaki pants a polo n boat shoes to buy my over priced hunting gear to use on my hunts that consisted of not even getting my boots dirty. deffinatly at the bottom of my list of places i look for gear and apparently for good reason
redneckgoosebuster22
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:13 pm

I will openly admit I shop at Cabelas on a regular basis. Never would I buy anything there full price. Never. Most of their pricing is a joke, but there are several deals to get weekly if you look. I will say that their customer service is horrible most of the time. Wish they would revamp what they are doing wrong. Online ordering processing time is a joke. Doesn't matter if you order online and ship to the house or have it shipped to the store. They take 3-4 days to process the order and several more to ship it. Then, other times it's spot on. With the online ordering the process to notify the buyer that the order is in at the retail location is usually days after it actually is received. Don't believe me? Look at the label on the package next time. The lifetime guarantee is completely misleading for most people. Lifetime=1 year. If you buy something today and it goes on sale tomorrow, they will not rering it and refund the difference. You physically have to return it and then go buy it again. Retarded...
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby tazman7 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:20 pm

Cabelas is a joke. I wanted to buy a 4-1 jacket online that was marked $60 off. When I put it into my cart it came up with the non sale price, so I called customer service and miraculously they said it was never on sale. I hit refresh and it wasn't on sale anymore. Jokesters.
Beretta A400 Xtreme Unico 28" Max4
tazman7
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:31 pm

KillerKowalski wrote:I will openly admit I shop at Cabelas on a regular basis. Never would I buy anything there full price. Never. Most of their pricing is a joke, but there are several deals to get weekly if you look. I will say that their customer service is horrible most of the time. Wish they would revamp what they are doing wrong. Online ordering processing time is a joke. Doesn't matter if you order online and ship to the house or have it shipped to the store. They take 3-4 days to process the order and several more to ship it. Then, other times it's spot on. With the online ordering the process to notify the buyer that the order is in at the retail location is usually days after it actually is received. Don't believe me? Look at the label on the package next time. The lifetime guarantee is completely misleading for most people. Lifetime=1 year. If you buy something today and it goes on sale tomorrow, they will not rering it and refund the difference. You physically have to return it and then go buy it again. Retarded...

I have never had to wait 3-4 days or order processing, usually the next day my order has shipped, and at the most 3days if you count a weekend. But I've also never ordered to a store because the closest one is a 2hr drive. But I will say they have gone downhill as well, they jacked their prices on decoys up 2 years ago, and I find my self ordering less and less from them.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby KillerKowalski » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:40 pm

Here is my last three orders:

Order Date 9/16 Shipped 9/22
Order Date 10/16 Shipped 10/19
Order Date 10/23 Shipped 10/27

I could continue. These were all shipped to the house. Store orders are even slower.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby redbeardhd90 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:04 am

redneckgoosebuster22 wrote:i always felt out of place in there. felt as if i was supposed to be wearing khaki pants a polo n boat shoes to buy my over priced hunting gear to use on my hunts that consisted of not even getting my boots dirty. deffinatly at the bottom of my list of places i look for gear and apparently for good reason

I thought I was the only one who felt this way
redbeardhd90
hunter

Postby jwurts4 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:24 pm

Visited Macks PW in Stuttgart last season. Great place. Definitely worth checking out in person. oh yeah.....the hunting down there not too shabby either. ha
jwurts4
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:26 pm

jwurts4 wrote:Visited Macks PW in Stuttgart last season. Great place. Definitely worth checking out in person. oh yeah.....the hunting down there not too shabby either. ha

sucks they have the highest prices on average I've seen the past few years.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby QuackHonkBang » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:38 pm

KillerKowalski wrote:Here is my last three orders:

I could continue. These were all shipped to the house. Store orders are even slower.

I'm not doubting what you're saying here. But I've been buying a lot from cabelas for many years. I've never had a problem with them. Plus when I have used the customer service they have been second to none. I guess I've just been lucky!! :yes:
QuackHonkBang
hunter

Postby ILwaterfowler15 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:18 pm

This is why if I started using Presley's Outdoors. All the stuff I have ordered from them I get in under a week with standard shipping, plus they have top notch customer service and relatively low prices. It doesn't hurt to support an Illinois business either! :thumbsup:
ILwaterfowler15
hunter

Postby asmythe32 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:31 pm

Never ordered from Presley's but I have been there numerous times and that place is awesome. Great customer service.
asmythe32
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:52 pm

2500hdon37s wrote:sucks they have the highest prices on average I've seen the past few years.

I have deterred from there at all cost. I never order. Their pricing is worse than Cabelas at times. I regularly get $15 off $100 order and still can come to placing an order.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby QuackSmacker935 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:49 am

QuackHonkBang wrote:

I'm not doubting what you're saying here. But I've been buying a lot from cabelas for many years. I've never had a problem with them. Plus when I have used the customer service they have been second to none. I guess I've just been lucky!! :yes:

I would have to agree with you on this one. I myself have yet to have any problems with them. If I order before noon it ships that day and after it ships next day. I always use standard 3-6 day shipping and get it in 2-3 days unless ups hands it off to the local post office. Bought a pair of baby mojos once and used them for 2 weeks one stopped working they had me ship both back and sent out 2 new ones. A+ customer service on my end too. Cant say how I feel walking in the place since the closest one is 3 hours away.
QuackSmacker935
hunter

Postby nanook72 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:18 pm

I would have to agree, just about every time I shop there and go to the register the price is wrong and I have to fight for the one that was marked on the shelf. I was there for turkey season to get a vest, knew it was on sale and what I wanted, I took a look at what else they had while I was there, not a one had a price tag on it. I know they are over priced but I would rather buy there than Bass. I'm going to check a lot of stuff out online more but will still have to go there for local stuff..... Along with what KK said, I got a layout this weekend which the people working there could care less about helping me get what I want.... the next day I got a $10 off coupon...... needless to say I did not feel like driving back up there to fight for the credit and could not take it back and re buy since I already mudded it..... :mad:
nanook72
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:50 pm

Hey, it's the "Legendary Lifetime Guarantee" equaling one year and ninety days. Tell them the mud wasn't your color. Should of went with a Banded layout. Now there is complete satisfactory product and the mud looks a lot better on their layouts. It's a guarantee duck killer.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:19 pm

KillerKowalski wrote:Hey, it's the "Legendary Lifetime Guarantee" equaling one year and ninety days. Tell them the mud wasn't your color. Should of went with a Banded layout. Now there is complete satisfactory product and the mud looks a lot better on their layouts. It's a guarantee duck killer.

$10 says he's a deer hunter...
luie b wrote:I think you guys were right.
Feelin' Fowl
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting