Waterfowl Hunting in Central Illinois

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, Illinois-Ducker, huntall6

Waterfowl Hunting in Central Illinois

Postby Mallard Krazy » Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:34 pm

I was curious if anyone knew of any places within an hour of Bloomington/Normal to hunt?

I Grew up hunting in Wilmington and Plano. I go to school at Illinois State and looking for a knew place to possibly hunt around the area.
Mallard Krazy
Newb

Postby Illinois-Ducker » Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:14 pm

Hey, nice to hear from someone in the same area. I live in normal, and am going to heartland. This year when we didnt have classes, we went to banner marsh. ITs only about 40 min away, and it provides some good duck and goose hunting. Also, i have some spots around bloomington for duck and geese. Write me back or email me. WE'll have to talk for next year.
Illinois-Ducker
State Moderator

Postby killindux » Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:16 pm

If you can find someone to go with that's got a boat and an azzload of dekes, woodford's not a bad bet either but, what the hell, I'll see ya in class :thumbsup:
killindux
hunter

Postby Mallard Krazy » Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:08 pm

Thanks Guys appreciate the tips.
Mallard Krazy
Newb

Postby nreynolds84 » Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:33 pm

I am from Colfax but going to SIU at carbondale. There is some good hunting around Bloomington/Normal, you just have know some landowners or ask.
nreynolds84
hunter

Postby liv2hunt » Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:23 am

I will second the Banner Marsh idea. I live in Peoria and visit Banner on occasion. Definately worth it if you have alot of dekes and are better callers than those around you. Just remember, you dont have to be the best, just better than the guy next to you.

:thumbsup:
liv2hunt
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting