hard water on the pudddles today

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, Illinois-Ducker, huntall6

hard water on the pudddles today

Postby redneckgoosebuster22 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:07 am

well after all that rain/wind yesterday wondering how yall did today? Sittin at work wishin i was in the blind, sat down by the river this morning for a bit but all was quiet. Maybe just not to many guys were as lucky as me and had to work? day 4 of 7 in a row. Looks as if the temps will be dropping next week cant wait for that rain/snow day tuesday glad my boats pretty quick!!! gonna have to get out early to get a spot on sure
redneckgoosebuster22
hunter

Re: hard water on the pudddles today

Postby Keny656 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:40 am

down in central yielded us some wet clothes and a sunken decoy. Not much going on around here no matter what the day. Has been a real disappointment this year. Last year we were shooting occasionally. Second time i have been out and seen maybe 1 or 2 ducks. Not 1 close to us.
Rain Kead my Friends, Rain Kead.
Keny656
hunter

Postby duckhead62 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:38 am

Was up in Minnesota last weekend looking at empty sky's, Few hundred Divers working away from the blinds, Managed 2 Drake Can's, and a Blue Bill hen on day one, only group to even come close and 2 Drake Mallards on day two. Very disappointing for this time of the year. 50 degree weather didn't help. Report from No. Dakota where a friend was hunting wasn't any better.
duckhead62
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:31 pm

Birds are here. You have to find them. Plenty of groups are having record seasons even the group that shot 1! They doubled their numbers over last year! Every person I talk to is shooting records except those that don't chase numbers. If you aren't, you are hunting in the wrong location. Each day we should have decent numbers. Some days we do and days like today let's not talk about it. Seeing all Green finish makes that heart pound. One group shot 38 in the last three days. Another has shot 27 since Monday morning and limits on geese almost daily.

Concentrate in Central with Sureshot and you'll limit out...on crow watching and pissing people off.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby Illinois-Ducker » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:15 pm

I agree with KK, however, I have been trying to close the deal on a shooter buck. Thus far, no dice. Shot two does, but need my antlers so i can concentrate on the Mallards. Heading out to the duck blind tomorrow for a much needed change of pace. At the very least, the pot of coffee and breakfast should be great!
I am dedicating this year to waterfowl and waterfowl only....
Illinois-Ducker
State Moderator

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting