Braidwood area

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, SPatrick, Illinois-Ducker, huntall6

Braidwood area

Postby sureshot 612 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:19 am

thinking about heading to Braidwood in the A.M. any good reports or is it still to early. thanks
OCT. 25TH LET THE PUBLIC FUN BEGIN
sureshot 612
hunter

Location: where ever i want, back to loner time I'm at the next level.riders for a fee

Re: Braidwood area

Postby KillerKowalski » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:03 pm

Don't waste your time. Down there this morning and saw a total of 8 ducks and 2 geese.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby redneckgoosebuster22 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:05 pm

kk you hunt the lake or fields? river was quiet this morning thats for sure
redneckgoosebuster22
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:09 pm

Field a block off the lake. Lake was barely shooting. Again, other options that are better than Braidwood right now. Draw is proof of it. I believe it's my first day this year being skunked. I can't remember.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby sureshot 612 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:15 pm

Well getting out is still getting out i really didn't think you would say to go because anybody who goes there always say its no good just to keep the crowds down, its the luck of the draw.i may have thought the 8 ducks and geese were in your boat. i don't see what the big deal is everyday is different .if you stay home cause someone says it bad then it your own fault.we all say to each other to have a good hunt and be safe but we never say man you should get out there, its like some big -zz secret .well any positive and true reports welcome.if i wanted to get a reported amount of what they SAY they got i would call we all know to add to that TOT.
sureshot 612
hunter

Location: where ever i want, back to loner time I'm at the next level.riders for a fee

Braidwood area

Postby KillerKowalski » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:25 pm

sureshot 612 wrote:Well getting out is still getting out i really didn't think you would say to go because anybody who goes there always say its no good just to keep the crowds down, its the luck of the draw.i may have thought the 8 ducks and geese were in your boat. i don't see what the big deal is everyday is different .if you stay home cause someone says it bad then it your own fault.we all say to each other to have a good hunt and be safe but we never say man you should get out there, its like some big -zz secret .well any positive and true reports welcome.if i wanted to get a reported amount of what they SAY they got i would call we all know to add to that TOT.

Then why come here and ask?!?! Go look at the kill sheet and stop asking your scouting questions here.

Weren't you the banned from the Fuge for the same BS?
Last edited by KillerKowalski on Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby sureshot 612 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:50 pm

if you noticed i asked about braid wood AREA, :crying: man some just don't move on , the fact is were here to talk about hunting , some like to share and others feel like we are giving up government secrets, :hi:
sureshot 612
hunter

Postby sureshot 612 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:03 pm

with reports like this why stay home ;Ducks are pouring into the Illinois River Valley at a rate almost three times the 10-year average according to the latest Aerial Waterfowl Inventory conducted by the Illinois Natural History Survey.

Waterfowl scientist Aaron Yetter counted 360,860 ducks at 23 sites on the Illinois River Oct. 23.The 10-year average is 134,962.

The Chautauqua National Wildlife Refuge and The Emiquon and Spoon River Bottoms area accounted for nearly 150,000 ducks.

Northern pintails were the most numerous species with 108,675 individuals counted.

Sixteen sites on the Mississippi River held 131,980 ducks, below the Illinois River totals but still above the 10-year average for this time of year on the Mississippi.
:grooving:
sureshot 612
hunter

Postby redneckgoosebuster22 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:24 pm

pretty sure you picked up some great info alot more then you even asked for "8 ducks 2 geese" and they were seen from a field a block from the lake, alot of info can be taken from this. obviously if you are on the lake you cannot see much of the area. from the field you can see much of the "braidwood area". With that being said you still have to account for this being the internet and your going to have to decide if you believe the info given or not. If someone is going put the time in to put details like this up for you rather then a bunch of answers like you asked for like "too early" i think you should be greatfull. Soooo..... please dont be a drama queen :thumbsup: I know of a place thats been holding 100 or so geese daily for the lasy 3 months right in the town of baidwood but youd never get to hunt them so its not at all helpfull information. And like KK said if you dont like the info go check the kill sheets they dont lie and being a resident of braidwood I see the kill sheet daily if i want and i scout the area as frequently as i want soif you wanna know if its worth it or not then............ AH nm you got all the facts from idnr site anyways so good luck :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
redneckgoosebuster22
hunter

Postby sureshot 612 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:43 pm

WOW i don't need the info. i have been hunting out there for over 18 years due to my hunting partners they like to keep a low profile i just like to talk about the hunting going on out there ,i just don't get why guys get so worked up. not an internet scouter, the scouters wear slacks and button down shirts :lol3: and I'm not saying they put up wrong #. they can only put up the # that are reported…i guess we need a post on what you can and can not ask LOL :lol3: :hammer:
sureshot 612
hunter

Postby redneckgoosebuster22 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:04 pm

you asked a question, got an answer then bitched because the guy gave his oponion based on what he saw saying there were better places to go and YOU then made a big deal about it. but were the @$$holes :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
redneckgoosebuster22
hunter

Postby Blackcloud870 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:44 pm

Pump the breaks there sureshot. Don't take this the wrong way because I don't know who you are or how old you are but weather you are 14 or 41 you deserve to have this message given to ya' straight.

You came into the forum and basically embodied all there is to internet scouting.
sureshot 612 wrote:thinking about heading to Braidwood in the A.M. any good reports or is it still to early. thanks

Then you turn around and get butt hurt when someone called you on it? :huh:

sureshot 612 wrote:WOW i don't need the info. i have been hunting out there for over 18 years due to my hunting partners they like to keep a low profile i just like to talk about the hunting going on out there ,i just don't get why guys get so worked up. not an internet scouter, the scouters wear slacks and button down shirts :lol3: and I'm not saying they put up wrong #. they can only put up the # that are reported…i guess we need a post on what you can and can not ask LOL :lol3: :hammer:

Rule #1 of any internet hunting forum. Don't ask how folks are doing in a specific area. I dont know about you, but I've yet to see the site anywhere on the internet where guys willingly give you GPS coordinates to the places they are killing ducks. Do yourself and everyone else a favor, loosen up your khakis, change your polo, GET OFF YOUR BUTT AND GO SCOUT, place some calls into the DNR for those areas, or make some friends in the area that you can trust to give you updates if it is a bit of a hike for you to get there. In addition, had you not gotten so emotional/defensive from the get-go, someone may have have shown you some mercy and thrown you a bone.

Try hitting re-set, treat people with the same respect you would require, and I'd imagine you'll have better luck in the future.

Good luck to ya man. :beer:
threedogs wrote: wrote:One word, Inflatable decoys......

DanJeffandJack wrote:I just drink beer and crush box.

That's how I remain the physical specimen that I am.
Blackcloud870
hunter

Postby supr87gt » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:32 pm

sureshot 612 wrote:Well getting out is still getting out .

:lol:

Dont ask for a report then. Get out from behind your PC and hunt.

KK gave you a report and now you're all butthurt about it. What do you want him to do, sing kumbaya around a campfire with you and then tell you he saw 8 ducks?
supr87gt
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:47 pm

Sureshot, if it makes you feel any better, I spoke to a club owner from Braidwood this evening. He even said hunting in the "Braidwood area" is a waste of time (this is not the club I belong to either). Those that know where the birds are stacking are doing well. Another group in Northern zone limited on Canadas and shot 10 Mallards today. They were back in bed by 9. If you want to know specifics about the lake, go look. It's public knowledge. It seems you like to taunt others on forums for the arousal of getting your d*ck hard. Go somewhere else and do it.
Last edited by KillerKowalski on Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby biscuitsandgravy » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:00 pm

Boom goes the hammer!
biscuitsandgravy
hunter

Postby sureshot 612 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:39 pm

really just didn't have anything to do today so i thought i would see what would happen if i put up the word Braidwood. and just like the fuge it happened ,well all showed there true colors . i consider all who view and don't reply internet scouters. and red22 i didn't say anybody was an -ss -hole please read again thanks and have a good day :eek: :fingerhead: :hammer:
sureshot 612
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:58 pm

sureshot 612 wrote:really just didn't have anything to do today...

Ha! Funny. You would think that if you had nothing to do you could go pound pavement. I know I would. I have a brand new Jeep. Bought it 6/1. I already have 11K miles on it for good reason. I pound pavement.

I'm pretty sure it's not all us including the Fuge, but may be just you. I dunno. I could be wrong...Maybe the Duck Dynasty Forum has room for your antics.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby Azarnazar » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:21 pm

Haha spr87gt says get off the pc and hunt hahahaha the pots sure calling the kettle black
Azarnazar
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:39 pm

Supr, your fan base is back! Good to see. I think he was the one standing at the launch with the flat bill Banded Max-4D hat and DC waders on watching "Fowl Life" from his iPad taking tips at the pier for reserving boat parking spots.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby asmythe32 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:58 pm

I hunted there today and the birds were all over the sky. We had a hell of a time picking out which ducks to shoot.Had a limit by 8 and we were on our way home. Best time I have ever had, and it was my first hunt at braidwood. Awesome day.......Is that what you wanted to hear?
asmythe32
hunter

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:01 pm

KillerKowalski wrote:Supr, your fan base is back! Good to see. I think he was the one standing at the launch with the flat bill Banded Max-4D hat and DC waders on watching "Fowl Life" from his iPad taking tips at the pier for reserving boat parking spots.

I take offense to that!

Sureshot...why would someone hunting a private field try to deter you from hunting an area? Even if you kill a 4 man limit in a public area nearby, I don't think that you're going to make or break someone's hunt a mile away.

I'm pretty sure that you were given good information, but after that display you shouldn't expect to see anything else.

Internet Scouting tip #24 - Don't kill good sources :fingerpt:
luie b wrote:I think you guys were right.
Feelin' Fowl
hunter

Postby supr87gt » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:21 pm

Azarnazar wrote:Haha spr87gt says get off the pc and hunt hahahaha the pots sure calling the kettle black

Shouldn't you be studying for your spelling test?

Assuming they still teach that in middle school...

Either way, I'm sure your Mommy has your bed and your milk ready. It's almost past your bed time.
supr87gt
hunter

Postby biscuitsandgravy » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:03 pm

Speaking of Braidwood, I hear the crappie are starting to really turn on there right now.
biscuitsandgravy
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:06 pm

Troy, you got me laughing here. Hope to see you after the 1st.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby biscuitsandgravy » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:09 pm

KillerKowalski wrote:Troy, you got me laughing here. Hope to see you after the 1st.

:thumbsup:
biscuitsandgravy
hunter

Next

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting