Braidwood area

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, SPatrick, Illinois-Ducker, huntall6

Re: Braidwood area

Postby supr87gt » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:11 pm

sureshot 612 wrote:ok for you i will pull out my crayons :lol3:

I'm pretty sure you're not to the point where you can use crayons yet...

And definitely not construction paper and glue.
supr87gt
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:48 pm

:lol: I had trouble understanding the logic. Obviously if you are stalking the Fuge then well you are a stalker yourself. Too bad you are banned from there. Great numbers today! Sure, make sure your dinghy is ready for tomorrow.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby QuackSmacker935 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:01 pm

sureshot 612 wrote:46 posts and 780 internet scouters

You can take about 20 off that count I'm just having fun following the newest soap... :lol:
QuackSmacker935
hunter

Postby sureshot 612 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:21 am

:hi: im not stalking the fuge i just want to catch up on the latest sports ,that all they talk about . say hi to spanky for me LOL.to much wind for me on sat. and to much of a blue bird day today , QS935 it is fun i must agree ,so back to the post who did any good AROUND braid wood yesterday :tongue:
OCT. 25TH LET THE PUBLIC FUN BEGIN
sureshot 612
hunter

Location: where ever i want, back to loner time I'm at the next level.riders for a fee

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:33 am

Why don't you just pm Azarnazar? He seems to be kind of a big deal around Braidwood, and could give you the answers you're looking for.
luie b wrote:I think you guys were right.
Feelin' Fowl
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:39 am

Ha! Good word of advice above.

156 checked out yesterday. #15 is ready to limit right now. Friend said he was shooting ducks in standing corn they were so thick. Shot three bands. One from Ontario and one from Joliet. Went through a box of shells each for their limit. With the new walkin blinds on Braidwood they are doing swell at those blinds daily. North launch is getting its use pretty well. And, they lifted the bag limit to 8 now for the lake only.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby Azarnazar » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:50 am

Dont claim to be a big shot around braidwood. I just like calling out the posers who whine about the pressure and think they own the lake when in all reality they didnt start hunting the area til after it got good
Azarnazar
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:53 am

Wish I can see your post, but since you are a foe I don't have the time to even click it to read it. Birds are every where on the lake since Thursday. I need to be ready. Hunting #27 today. One more til limit.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby sureshot 612 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:37 am

Azarnazar :thumbsup: some seem to forget the ones that started the fights in the lot because a newbe got a better pick then they did or the ones who got there truck messed with.they thought they owned it. lets not forget its PUBLIC. KK i got to hand it to you ,you keep trying. i think its a sign of insecurity or old age :lol: i would like know your take on why there is a 10 shot limit on the goose hunting skybusters . :grooving:
sureshot 612
hunter

Location: where ever i want, back to loner time I'm at the next level.riders for a fee

Postby KillerKowalski » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:44 am

Added foe...
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:54 am

Azarnazar wrote:Dont claim to be a big shot around braidwood. I just like calling out the posers who whine about the pressure and think they own the lake when in all reality they didnt start hunting the area til after it got good

What makes them posers for not hunting until it got good?

Maybe they were great scouters and avoided the area...

Blanket statements, like those that you continue to lay continue to display your ignorant, better than thou attitude.
Feelin' Fowl
hunter

Postby Azarnazar » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:36 pm

If they are great scouters why complain about no birds and to many hunters? Maybe they need to find different places instead of only relying on that area. Also this is not towards kowalski i applaud you for not relying solely on bwood
Azarnazar
hunter

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:53 pm

Azarnazar wrote:If they are great scouters why complain about no birds and to many hunters?

That's what duck hunters do...
Feelin' Fowl
hunter

Postby Azarnazar » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:06 pm

Or they can put in the time to better their situation
Azarnazar
hunter

Postby sureshot 612 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:10 pm

what up KK who is a foe :fingerpt: feeling fowl ,have you read all the replies to post.its not how the comments were posted ,its how they were takin :hammer:
sureshot 612
hunter

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:38 pm

sureshot 612 wrote:what up KK who is a foe :fingerpt: feeling fowl ,have you read all the replies to post.its not how the comments were posted ,its how they were takin :hammer:

I have been on this thread from the beginning, but this one is all that's needed.

Azarnazar wrote:Correct im sure i am younger than you two but i have probably hunted that area longer. Im sorry i think its funny that a guy who has hunted that area for a few years thinks hes king ****. But whatever i will just reminisce on the good times like in 01 when they shut the lake down n birds would come out stubble high..... ahhhh remember them days fellow "duckers"............... didnt think so :beer:

Basically saying that he's been around longer, so the guys that have hunted Braidwood for only a few YEARS, don't know anything.

I've never hunted the lake. Not sure that I'd want to with guys like this out there. I'd rather grab my banded hat, duck commander waders, and stay the hell away from guys like you. There are plenty of ducks elsewhere. I know...I've killed them.

Get over yourselves, and stop internet scouting.
Feelin' Fowl
hunter

Postby Azarnazar » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:43 pm

Internet scouting??? When have i asked where the birds are?? I have my own areas that produce birds
Azarnazar
hunter

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:58 pm

Azarnazar wrote:Internet scouting??? When have i asked where the birds are?? I have my own areas that produce birds

You didn't. You've made it very clear that you think you're the king of Braidwood, and have spots.

Sureshot was internet scouting, and got pissed that he didn't get the information that he was looking for.

Quite a pair...
Feelin' Fowl
hunter

Postby sureshot 612 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:42 pm

:lol: :lol: im not a scouter i asked a question,i also mentioned certain things that KK didn't want to talk about maybe he did have 8 ducks it just relates to what i was talking about,[i see he didn't reply]. I'm not pissed i think its funny as h-ll that you are the one so upset and defensive .feeling fowl ask KK to P.M. me and we can talk things over ,thanks bud :beer:
sureshot 612
hunter

Postby redneckgoosebuster22 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:07 pm

LOL someone just delete this whole thread theres almost too much to comment on at this point. one thing i could like to comment on though is that ht 10 shell limit for geese is unfortunate it had to come to that but i agree with it completly. Rather then sky bust and waste money or ruin everyone elses chences just go to one of the pay per gun places outside the lake if you are upset you cannot decoy those big dumb birds on probably what used to be the easiest place in the world to kill them over water. Also this huge debate about the hunting pressure on the lake... it did very well for a long time with just as many blinds as there are today. because there is more guys at the draw is not going to effect how many birds can get shot. everyone knows that its been on somewhat of a decline since the vegitation has been killed off and then the added pressure off the lake with every field within a 12 mile radius being shot daily when the birds are here. Its simple if your not lucky and your afraid to get turned away go elsewhere. Or have a backup plan if you do not draw. i dont hear of any of the guys with all those Indiana plates in the lot coming on here complaining about the hunting pressure and too many boats at the ramp. If we didnt chase birds none of us would be "duckers" scouting is either as easy as checking the kill sheet at the lake or pounding pavement each and everyone of us no matter how its done is going to chase the numbers. No matter what public area we all hunt were going to run into uneducated guys that are occasionaly going to upset us that have put the time and effort into the sport we love. Anyways......... lows in the 20's are on the way so bring on those red legs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ill be at the lake wednesday after this cold snap it only makes sense so i hope no one is upset because i havent hunted there yet this year sorry in advance :thumbsup:
redneckgoosebuster22
hunter

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:22 am

sureshot 612 wrote::lol: :lol: im not a scouter i asked a question,i also mentioned certain things that KK didn't want to talk about maybe he did have 8 ducks it just relates to what i was talking about,[i see he didn't reply]. I'm not pissed i think its funny as h-ll that you are the one so upset and defensive .feeling fowl ask KK to P.M. me and we can talk things over ,thanks bud :beer:

Upset and defensive? I said I've never hunted Braidwood. Not sure what I'd be upset or defensive about...just trying to get my facts straight. I don't want to stick out as the guy that didn't hunt there in '01 if I ever do make it down there. :-?
Feelin' Fowl
hunter

Postby sureshot 612 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:32 am

:huh:
sureshot 612
hunter

Braidwood area

Postby KillerKowalski » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:18 am

189 killed yesterday! Everything pourin into Mazonia #1 right now. Full migration.

Looks like Sureshot and just me at the draw so far...
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby Weedwacker » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:04 am

All I know is I sat on the Kankakee river Saturday morning till almost noon and never shouldered my gun.

Best part about it besides the great sunrise, I got out of leaf pickup for a couple of hours .

Sad, hurt some shots in fields , saw aprox 12 mallards and one Buffy......

Returned home safe and no one got hurt :beer:
It's not just a duck boat, it is a tatical platform for opportunity- weedwacker 101

Preserve game and hunt with a trained dog- NAVHDA

"In looking back thru his posts over there he kind of thinks of himself as the zen of all things fowl."
Weedwacker
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:07 am

I got first pick! I took 15b. Crossing my fingers for a good day.
KillerKowalski
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting