Club / lease

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, huntall6, Illinois-Ducker

Club / lease

Postby SDMF » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:45 am

Yup think I want to find a place to lease or club to put in with for waterfowl next year. Lookin for something with water and close to Wilmington if possible. Or Clifton area ? If you fellas know of anything like that in those areas or between. Send me a pm ! Thanks!
Team Rasputin: NEVER SAY DIE
SDMF
hunter

Re: Club / lease

Postby KillerKowalski » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:47 am

Everyone will be tight lipped during this season and I can't see a lot of leases not getting renewed after this year. I don't know of any clubs in Wilmington, but plenty of open fields that are a knock away.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby SDMF » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:15 am

Thanks KK i know its a long shot to find anything. But this early in and I already got the 'Public Land Blues' HaHa. And honestly I'm not looking to swipe someone else's ground . I guess Just entertaining the idea of joining a club. I know a lot of farm ground is tied up around the hot tub by Wilmington, and that's what I was referring to when I mentioned that town. How's yall season going so far??
SDMF
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:57 am

I understand. It's not early for those that started 10/19. Almost a month in already. I know of a lot of leases but nothing that is pay per gun. We are off to a decent start, but not as well as few other groups. Always could hit up a club on the West side.

If I hear of any clubs, I'll send you a PM, but since hunting Wilmington side I never have. Some farmers are pretty tight with their permission. I am three miles from the dam and about six north of the lake.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby SDMF » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:29 pm

Thanks again Killer ! Much appreciated!
SDMF
hunter

Postby redneckgoosebuster22 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:54 pm

theres a couple things around wilmington area but you gotta have REALLY DEEP pockets if money is not an issue i have grapevine connections but even i have not been able to get inside the gates even without intentions of hunting. not sure about clifton area im not familiar with it at all best option in this area is to just make alot of friends lol.
redneckgoosebuster22
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting