Tornado

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, huntall6, Illinois-Ducker

Tornado

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:34 pm

Prayers sent for all of those affected by today's tornado(s).

Hope everyone is doing as well as they can be.
luie b wrote:I think you guys were right.
Feelin' Fowl
hunter

Re: Tornado

Postby KillerKowalski » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:56 pm

X2. This cold front needs to push through right now and not for the birds. Get rid of this severe weather!
KillerKowalski
hunter

Location: Where racketeering, conspiracy, fraud and soliciting of bribes for political appointments is normal

Postby gock5 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:46 pm

50 houses destroyed in Washington by a tornado, also hit in Pekin and East Peoria. We had 80 mph straight line winds here in Bloomington/Normal, alot of damage.
gock5
hunter

Postby asmythe32 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:25 pm

the same storm destroyed a lot of the downtown section of Gifford. Truly terrible sight. hard to believe I was hunting just an hour before it hit. Almost drove right into it. My mom called and told me not to come any farther north. Unreal.
asmythe32
hunter

Postby Cujo1 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:47 pm

Hope everyone is ok up there! We got spared, just a little rain.
All turkeys must die!!!

WTN10 wrote:Mark your calendars, boys. This is the day WTN10 was wrong. The cat above is 100% correct.
Cujo1
hunter

Postby afterhim » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:11 pm

We were praying today, not sure what else we can do?
afterhim
hunter

Postby nanook72 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:45 pm

Prayers for everyone and their families.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nanook72
hunter

Postby Keny656 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:22 am

gock5 wrote:50 houses destroyed in Washington by a tornado, also hit in Pekin and East Peoria. We had 80 mph straight line winds here in Bloomington/Normal, alot of damage.

more than 50 without homes. I live in washington, thankfully no damage to our home but several friends and family lost everything. I walked through the rubble thats left from what I once called my home in my old neighborhood that I grew up in, and I could not even tell where I was. I couldn't find the street I grew up on is how bad it was. There is more like 150 in washington alone without homes
Rain Kead my Friends, Rain Kead.
Keny656
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:52 am

Wish there was something we could do for those in need.

Heard a statement from a Fire Chief asking everyone to stay out of the area and not to call 9-1-1 or non-ermergency lines until further notice unless there is an emergency on hand. Calling the police/fire department to check on a loved one is not an emergecy and is wasting valuable resources that could be used else where. Also, a police officer was hearing screaming for help from the remains of a house. Now that is an emergency! I am sure the rubbernecks and "professional" photographers are flooding the area. I know first hand what a PITA they are. They cause congestion for emergency responders and clutter cleared roadways with their cars. If you are an acting citizen not involved in any of the tragedy, stay out of the area. :hammer:
KillerKowalski
hunter

Location: Where racketeering, conspiracy, fraud and soliciting of bribes for political appointments is normal

Postby Keny656 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:46 am

Yea all the gawkers were everywhere there. We were helping our family and friends out trying to get everything and everyone out that we could. I hated seeing all these independant photographers getting off to see the destruction just to get a few pictures for their blog.
Rain Kead my Friends, Rain Kead.
Keny656
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:11 am

Sorry to hear that. Your helping is legit. Those freelancers are trying to make money. Ironic, in the time of need and emergency they swarm like a dog in heat filling up memory cards, but the victim's memories were lost forever. They should be arrested. I have seen it happen once only because he obviously couldn't follow simple commands/instructions.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby Boocephus » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:20 am

Prayed for everyone yesterday as well. We had rain,wind, and small hail here. Prayers again today.
Boocephus
hunter

Postby redneckgoosebuster22 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:21 pm

So sorry for all effected yesterday it was much worse in many other places then here coal city got it pretty good less then 2 miles from my house crazy to think i drove right thru the path less than an hr before it happened amd got off heideckie lake that close in time is also pretty scary. Donated a bunch if clothing today to the local church i hope eveyone gets the help they need and or find it in their hearts to help out however you can. In times like this anything more then nothing is something to someone. Slightly upset hearing the news this morning talking about the typhoon recovery though i mean we couldnt put that on the backburner just for a few days at least to help our own out? Cmon america

redneckgoosebuster22
hunter

Postby SHOTOUT17 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:35 pm

God bless everyone effected they are in my prayers,Hard to think about hunting when people are going threw a time like this :sad:
SHOTOUT17
hunter

Postby DuckinFool » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:09 am

My daughter, son in law and 5 grandsons were at church in Washington when the tornado hit. It passed within 200 yds of the Five Points building where the service was being held. They were all shaken but ok. Too close for comfort for sure.
Recession-neighbor loses job...Depression-you lose job...Recovery-Obama loses job.
Don't blame me.....I didn't vote for him !!!
DuckinFool
hunter

Postby B_Wood_Banger » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:52 pm

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385002339.711368.jpg
I took this right in front of braidwood lake

B_Wood_Banger
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting