Union Co. Opening Days

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, SPatrick, Illinois-Ducker, huntall6

Union Co. Opening Days

Postby Wigeon 2010 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:52 pm

Just wondering how the hunting was the last two days..Is there lots of water??
Wigeon 2010
hunter

Re: Union Co. Opening Days

Postby MODuckkiller » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:16 am

No water. No ducks. Nothing was killed.

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:
MIZ
-MODuckkiller
MODuckkiller
hunter

Postby Wigeon 2010 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:17 pm

Really zero ducks?At the state?There has to be some water?
Last edited by Wigeon 2010 on Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wigeon 2010
hunter

Postby MODuckkiller » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:27 pm

I was being sarcasting...poking at the fact that you chose to come to an internet site and ask about site specific details....

Call the local DNR office, they can answer all your questions.
MIZ
-MODuckkiller
MODuckkiller
hunter

Postby Wigeon 2010 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:05 am

.I have permits for next week and we drive over 300 miles,just wanted to get some valuable info for my trip.I wasn't asking for your"valuable secrets".I will always help out my fellow hunter with any info I can.
Last edited by Wigeon 2010 on Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wigeon 2010
hunter

Postby asmythe32 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:31 pm

Wigeon 2010 wrote:Really zero ducks?At the state?There has to be some water.What blind did you hunt?

You in fact did ask him for valuable secrets. Dont get pissy when someone gives you some crap via the internet. You have two things going against you. One you came here first and two you are from chicago. Everyone south of I80 blames you and your communist run city for all that is wrong with this state so forgive us if we dont jump at the first chance to help you out. I would call the DNR Office and see if they can help you. If I knew anything about it I would help you. Next time make a more generalized statement like: "I have a permit for Union County on X weekend and was wondering how it is looking so far? I dont want specifics but just how the blind drawings work etc. If anyone has any info they could help with that would be appreciated. If you want to keep it pricvate send me a PM. Thanks!". That will get you a lot farther than calling someone a jerk.
asmythe32
hunter

Postby sureshot 612 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:24 pm

AMSY are you so afraid someone is going to get a duck or two ,were you don't even hunt .why are some guys so up tight.it don't do any good to call the DNR because due to the dems there is no staff to answer the phones .and PMs are not good us internet scouters can't get the info…... :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
8-mallard
3-gadwall
7-Bluebill
3-GW Teal
1-Smilen Hollywood
Just read it .
sureshot 612
hunter

Location: where ever i want, back to loner time I'm at the next level.riders for a fee

Postby KillerKowalski » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:50 pm

Not starting old fires here. Problem is it's public. I can give you coordinates to my fields and migration reports all day, but for the public grounds it is every man for himself. A lot of hard workers/hunters on public property. Plenty of hours spent gaining knowledge on every outing. Why lose it to the Internet?!?!
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby MODuckkiller » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:43 pm

I am a jerk. And your grammar is laughable.

Chicago and most of I80 North is the bane of Illinois. Thank the Lord I live in Missouri and just own land in Illinois.... :no:
MIZ
-MODuckkiller
MODuckkiller
hunter

Postby MODuckkiller » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:45 pm

KillerKowalski wrote:Not starting old fires here. Problem is it's public. I can give you coordinates to my fields and migration reports all day, but for the public grounds it is every man for himself. A lot of hard workers/hunters on public property. Plenty of hours spent gaining knowledge on every outing. Why lose it to the Internet?!?!

In all seriousness and with all due respect, this quote sums up my sarcasm and apparent rudeness.
MIZ
-MODuckkiller
MODuckkiller
hunter

Postby mgerlach » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:49 pm

KillerKowalski wrote:Not starting old fires here. Problem is it's public. I can give you coordinates to my fields and migration reports all day, but for the public grounds it is every man for himself. A lot of hard workers/hunters on public property. Plenty of hours spent gaining knowledge on every outing. Why lose it to the Internet?!?!

union county is public but there really isn't many secrets there. they have posted what spots have water and if you need waders are just hip boots. they also post daily what blinds killed what including species. someone who has never hunted before could show up and see where the best spots are its just luck of the draw. the op ask a legitimate question and doesn't deserve a bashing. there is a decent amount of water and should still be a few birds around in a couple weeks if things are not froze up.
mgerlach
hunter

Postby DuckinFool » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:54 pm

Wigeon 2010 wrote:Just wondering how the hunting was the last two days..Is there lots of water??

The last count there were 6,600 ducks at Union Co. I have no idea what the water situation is but will know more next week. I have a permit for the 11th. Temps are supposed to tumble starting Thursday so we should get a push of birds.
Recession-neighbor loses job...Depression-you lose job...Recovery-Obama loses job.
Don't blame me.....I didn't vote for him !!!
DuckinFool
hunter

Postby Yankeegray » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:53 am

Hunted Union county Sunday did not get a good stake but still shot a few birds. Water on most stakes but it was shallow the freeze might mess things up. But should bring down a few birds. Don't know if I trust the count on the birds Talked to the guys that run the show at union count ( Great Folks ) told me it has been a slow start this year. And yes the guys south of us were stretching there barrels but a good day.
Yankeegray
hunter

Postby rism » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:47 am

Private clubs in the area are holding up to 60 to 70 thousand ducks. When they start getting pressured and food is gone Union County will see ducks. Freeze up up north will be pushing some also. Clubs on the Missouri side north of St. Louis have hundreds of thousands of mallards already. Look at count sheet for Mississippi river on Il. IDNR aerial survey.
rism
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting