Reputable taxidermist in in the area?

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, Illinois-Ducker, huntall6

Reputable taxidermist in in the area?

Postby redneckgoosebuster22 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:55 am

hey guys im wondering if looking for some input from yall on taxidermists. My guy is excellent but he recently has put his prices in the top of the market cahrging $250/duck and $500/goose. Also he is very particular about what he wants out of a bird not so much what you do so he will not do it unless its up to his standards. i took my canvasback elsewhere because the quality was not great but it was my first one and only the 3rd ive seein in my life after 25 years in the blind. Now i would send anyone to him based on quality and turnaround (useally get my birds back in less then a month) but my issue is im heading to arkansas next week and if i get into the specks like we did last time and 500$ just is not possible right now. I should have done it last time when i could have got him to do it for 200$ but ya know screwed that up lol. So does anoyone have any recomendations on guys they have use in the past based on quality and as well as trust that they wont lose birds or have to wait for a year or better to get them back? heard horror stories about all of these issues. i will not mention names as i am not here to bash but ive got friends that have waited `18 months for birds also guys that have lost birds in their freezers. i think they made it to someone elses wall to be honest. But anyways if anyone has any info they can give me on past experiences i would appreciate it even if its eomeone that just does it on the side or whatever. Pm me if you do not want the information to be public. im located about 20 min south of joliet and would like to not have to travel more then a couple hours if i do not have to. Thanks alot guys
redneckgoosebuster22
hunter

Re: Reputable taxidermist in in the area?

Postby duckhead62 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:24 am

Natures Image, Joe Cochrane 630-629-8968 only guy I trust. Does great work. He's in Lombard
duckhead62
hunter

Postby sureshot 612 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:25 am

I agree Joe did mine and my dads and he does great work.
OCT. 25TH LET THE PUBLIC FUN BEGIN
sureshot 612
hunter

Location: where ever i want, back to loner time I'm at the next level.riders for a fee

Postby chasintails » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:05 pm

How much does the guy in Lombard charge? I'm interested in finding out about others also.
chasintails
hunter

Postby redneckgoosebuster22 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:39 pm

his website said 300$/duck but shows pictures of geese does anyone know if he just lists geese as duck in that sense or if there is a seperate price?
redneckgoosebuster22
hunter

Postby gearhead80 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:52 pm

I know a guy in Sycamore, but that may be a bit far for ya.. Let me know if you want his info.
If I ask a question, I don't want your opinion. I want facts.
Don't tell me something you think, tell me something you know.
It's easier to say I don't know, than make something up.
Although, being a forum the next guy will know more no matter what.
gearhead80
hunter

Postby Robert plus » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:49 pm

try American natural resources in Griffith indiana its just over the boarded from.Illinois I live in Wisconsin and make the trip to them
Robert plus
hunter

Postby Robert plus » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:50 pm

btw they are duck hunters themselves and can do amazing thing's with birds
Robert plus
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting