First duck hunt

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, Illinois-Ducker, huntall6

First duck hunt

Postby DuckinFool » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:27 pm

The Saturday after Thanksgiving we took my 2 oldest grandsons on their first duck hunt. Both took their first plunge into the icy swamp water about 5 seconds apart. The 10 year old took his second fall about an hour later and really filled the waders. Awesome day for them and Paw Paw. They are hooked. :yes:

Recession-neighbor loses job...Depression-you lose job...Recovery-Obama loses job.
Don't blame me.....I didn't vote for him !!!
DuckinFool
hunter

Re: First duck hunt

Postby rism » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:56 am

Great pics. Getting them started right. Something about kids and waders. They seem to fascinated that you can walk in the water w/ them and not get wet. My grandson was the same way. Started him going when he was 6. Now 13 and a die hard duck hunter. Wants to get his deer shot asap so he can get to the duckblind ! Took his first spill on ice this year also. Got a little damp but not soaked. Learned some lessons about ice I'm sure he will remember.
rism
hunter

Postby DuckinFool » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:25 am

They will be back down on Christmas Day and I am hoping the weather turns a bit more mild next week and knocks some ice off. We are hoping to get to hunt 3 days while they are here. They have permits for the Youth Goose Hunt at Union Co on the 28th. The waders have been dried and ready for another dunkin or two. :yes: lol
Recession-neighbor loses job...Depression-you lose job...Recovery-Obama loses job.
DuckinFool
hunter

Postby sapper35 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:31 am

Looks like they had a great time. I am about to start my little bro and hopefully he will love it as much as I have. Dont mind me asking this looks like crab orchard
sapper35
hunter

Postby DuckinFool » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:26 pm

No it's not Crab but if I knew of an area like this at Crab I would sure hunt it. :yes:
DuckinFool
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting