The Crap We Come Up With

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, Illinois-Ducker, huntall6

The Crap We Come Up With

Postby KillerKowalski » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:20 pm

We all know we have too much time on our hands while hunting. And now this! Please tell me what I'm missing. I see no point in this. I know the developer is a local guy and hunts a local river and hope it works out, but I see absolutely no point in this product let alone the price point. A dozen for $279.90! I have too much crap already to deal with and limit space in a boat or trailer let alone things breaking almost daily. :huh:

http://goos-fin.com

http://goos-fin.com/introduction-video-from-youtube/
KillerKowalski
hunter

Re: The Crap We Come Up With

Postby QuackSmacker935 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:44 pm

Not to be to critical, but it looks like you could tie a 20 oz lead weight to the front of the keel with a 12 inch drop and accomplish the same results. And the price, wow! Definitely needs a more reasonably priced material. Rubber fin with aluminum sleeve to attach it to keel block? Just wouldn't be able to justify passing up on a dozen bigfoots for accessories.
QuackSmacker935
hunter

Postby gearhead80 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:08 am

The idea is good. But, my deeks already move quite a bit on a swift moving river like that. So all that extra ordeal just looks like a tangled mess or giant hassle to deal with when going out to hunt. Yea, I want to rig all 70 goose floaters those, then haul them around in my boat.. NOT!!!! Good luck with sales guy.. .
If I ask a question, I don't want your opinion. I want facts.
Don't tell me something you think, tell me something you know.
It's easier to say I don't know, than make something up.
Although, being a forum the next guy will know more no matter what.
gearhead80
hunter

Postby Mike McRae » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:08 pm

I have to give credit to the guy for being creative but I agree with you guys. By the time the boat is loaded I barely have room for my partners to sit halfway in the boat lol. Looks bulky. Plus the weight that it would add to the decoy bags for days when I have to lug them around would be ridiculous even with them being aluminum. I hope his idea does him good. Just not for me
Mike McRae
hunter

Postby QuackHonkBang » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:22 pm

I agree with all your comments. Somebody will end up buying them, but it won't be me.
QuackHonkBang
hunter

Postby Cujo1 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:54 pm

A guy could just drill a hole in the keel about 3-4 inches from the front and tie off there to get the same motion. Oh wait, already did that guess I don't need the weather vanes.
All turkeys must die!

bighop wrote:Destined to be a child of the system now. Bounced around from house to house, abused, mistreated, earning his way on the streets. There's probably an expensive crack habit and a pair of those hind-leg wheels in his near futre.
Cujo1
hunter

Postby Capt. Jack » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:26 pm

Just need a 4"X6" piece of Luan. Attach it to the keel with small machine screws & wing nut. Drill hole in bottom of Luan piece and attach anchor line. Be careful, you might mistake it for real and choot!! :lol3:

Over

Cap
Capt. Jack
hunter

Postby Blackcloud870 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:30 pm

All I can say is I give him credit for trying, but I would never purchase this item....ever.
threedogs wrote: wrote:One word, Inflatable decoys......

DanJeffandJack wrote:I just drink beer and crush box.

That's how I remain the physical specimen that I am.
Blackcloud870
hunter

Postby Keny656 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:56 am

I'm buying one of these www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJhuieEgsSg

If you haven't seen these guys before I strongly urge everyone to check them out. They give me quite the laugh.
Rain Kead my Friends, Rain Kead.
Keny656
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:20 am

People tend to see ads and re-engineer the product with odds and ends they already have.
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting