pool 13 14 15hunters questions......not scouting ...research

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, SPatrick, Illinois-Ducker, huntall6

Postby dennisj70 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:17 pm

Never been to these pools ...could someone give there opinion on the pools ...im searching for next year and will tour them myself this summer....the hunter fact sheets wont down load ...so any info would be great......please pm me to avoid any unneeded bs....not internet scouting ....thanks
dennisj70
hunter

Re: pool 13 14 15hunters questions......not scouting ...rese

Postby KillerKowalski » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:03 pm

Hmmm. While we are at it can anyone give me an opinion on the Chain or Braidwood please?
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby Blackcloud870 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:15 pm

KillerKowalski wrote:Hmmm. While we are at it can anyone give me an opinion on the Chain or Braidwood please?

:lol3:

They all have birds..... well sometimes, but the circus gets worse and worse each year. A better question would be, how much do you enjoy boat races, sub 100yd spacing, and sky busting?
threedogs wrote: wrote:One word, Inflatable decoys......

DanJeffandJack wrote:I just drink beer and crush box.

That's how I remain the physical specimen that I am.
Blackcloud870
hunter

Postby justinduckman7 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:27 am

Good luck as stated above! Some birds here and their but plenty of stupid people who f&&&@& it up for everyone. Like last yr at a boat ramp I was at it had 10 yds of ice bout 1/4-1/2 thick two separate hunting parties waited for use to break it out and then asked if we could tell them a good spot! So we setup one of them set up 100'yds from us and proceeded to lnow their so called duck and goose calls all morning and shot at "non decoying ducks" way out of range and ruined it .
(IF IT FLIES IT DIES AND IF IT SITS THEIR IT STILL DIES ) Let's go shoot their faces off
justinduckman7
hunter

Postby luie b » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:43 am

All this talk from people on the Illinois forum about all the shenanigans on public land makes me thankful I hunt farm ponds. The only gun shots I hear all day are from our guns or at least someone else a mile away. Sure I don't kill as many birds but that peace and quiet has gotta be worth something...

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk
**2014-2015 Illinois Waterfowl Season**
Blue-winged teal - 16
Green-winged teal - 4
Wood Ducks - 1
luie b
hunter

Postby asmythe32 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:27 pm

Dennis you will get nowhere on here. Everyone is very tight lipped about spots or what certain areas are like and what not. Doesn't make much sense to me either but it's how it is. I would suggest looking the area over in the summer and a couple weeks before season starts. It will look different both times. Be prepared to have someone set up close to you. Practice your calling and study decoy placement. Get there early enough to beat everyone else. Be patient. Go on days during the week if you can, there tends to be less hunters. any other questions just ask.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
asmythe32
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:07 pm

Well, public info isn't the easiest to give up especially on a public forum. Even though PM it is sketchy. I never would go on the forum ask info about a spot or a location. I rather make the drive and scout. Hell with launching in the dark and navigating unknown waterways. Know a fella that needs a new lower end after first trip out this past season. Costly mistake and poor planning after spending months getting his boat ready.

I have given info about public land to people on here and others have reciprocated back. But, I choose who I want to share it with especially when the info is usually updated daily. Many work to hard to freely give it up. I know quite a few on here that bust their ass.
Last edited by KillerKowalski on Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby sureshot 612 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:58 pm

WHAT come on Killer from time to time you have told me were to go ... :lol3: how is things all.
OCT. 25TH LET THE PUBLIC FUN BEGIN
sureshot 612
hunter

Location: where ever i want, back to loner time I'm at the next level.riders for a fee

Postby KillerKowalski » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:02 pm

Told you to go to hell! JK :yes:. Well. Healing a rotator cuff injury that I never thought would stop me from doing things. Never under estimate a pit without a ladder or steps I guess. Starting next season's To-Do list. When we going for coffee?
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby dennisj70 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:06 pm

Thanks for the input .and replys ...but like I said just research. ...not spots.. ill find my own..lol...
Ill bust my butt thus summer and into early fall.....thanks again
dennisj70
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting