Summer Jobs

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, Illinois-Ducker, huntall6

Summer Jobs

Postby duckvang88 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:39 pm

Now I know I am probably going to get some bad responses due to my young age and inexperience but I figured where else to start than here due to the large amounts of knowledge in this crowd. I am looking for a summer job/internship in the duck hunting world, whether it is cleaning dog kennels to training dogs to doing office work I want to get my feet wet in the industry. I could basically do anything and be very happy but I don't know where or how to even start. Does anyone have any ideas? I would love any responses I can get. Thank you so much!! :help:
duckvang88
hunter
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:00 am


Re: Summer Jobs

Postby KillerKowalski » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:33 pm

duckvang88 wrote:Now I know I am probably going to get some bad responses due to my young age and inexperience but I figured where else to start than here due to the large amounts of knowledge in this crowd. I am looking for a summer job/internship in the duck hunting world, whether it is cleaning dog kennels to training dogs to doing office work I want to get my feet wet in the industry. I could basically do anything and be very happy but I don't know where or how to even start. Does anyone have any ideas? I would love any responses I can get. Thank you so much!! :help:


First, if you are born in '88 (as your screen name implies) your age isn't far from the majority on this site. Secondly, this particular industry is person-to-person face-to-face networking. You have to do your research to local waterfowling companies in your area. Where are you located?
User avatar
KillerKowalski
hunter
 
Posts: 2452
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:25 pm

Re: Summer Jobs

Postby duckvang88 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:14 pm

Hi contrary to my name (my favorite number haha) I am 18 years old and go to school in michigan, while i live in the suburbs of chicago in the summers
duckvang88
hunter
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:00 am

Re: Summer Jobs

Postby KillerKowalski » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:33 pm

What school in MI?
User avatar
KillerKowalski
hunter
 
Posts: 2452
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:25 pm

Re: Summer Jobs

Postby duckvang88 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:50 pm

Hope College
duckvang88
hunter
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:00 am

Re: Summer Jobs

Postby KillerKowalski » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:13 pm

Ah. Got excited and thought it may be the mighty Ann Arbor.
User avatar
KillerKowalski
hunter
 
Posts: 2452
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:25 pm

Re: Summer Jobs

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:22 pm

KillerKowalski wrote:Ah. Got excited and thought it may be the mighty Ann Arbor.



You've gotta be kidding me...
luie b wrote:I think you guys were right.
User avatar
Feelin' Fowl
hunter
 
Posts: 621
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:12 am
Location: Northern IL

Re: Summer Jobs

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:25 pm

duckvang88 wrote:Hi contrary to my name (my favorite number haha) I am 18 years old and go to school in michigan, while i live in the suburbs of chicago in the summers


Get on the google, and start finding dog trainers in your area, or look into Cabela's (good place to meet people/better jobs)

The actual manufacturers are quite a but west of Chicago.
luie b wrote:I think you guys were right.
User avatar
Feelin' Fowl
hunter
 
Posts: 621
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:12 am
Location: Northern IL

Re: Summer Jobs

Postby KillerKowalski » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:39 pm

Feelin' Fowl wrote:
KillerKowalski wrote:Ah. Got excited and thought it may be the mighty Ann Arbor.



You've gotta be kidding me...


Well, there isn't a U of GB thank goodness.
User avatar
KillerKowalski
hunter
 
Posts: 2452
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:25 pm

Re: Summer Jobs

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:01 pm

KillerKowalski wrote:
Feelin' Fowl wrote:
KillerKowalski wrote:Ah. Got excited and thought it may be the mighty Ann Arbor.



You've gotta be kidding me...


Well, there isn't a U of GB thank goodness.


:lol: The kings of losing the Rose Bowl from Madison are just fine for me...
luie b wrote:I think you guys were right.
User avatar
Feelin' Fowl
hunter
 
Posts: 621
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:12 am
Location: Northern IL

Re: Summer Jobs

Postby qckhd » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:23 pm

Find a duck club and see if there is anything you could help with during the offseason and you may find yourself pushing ducks during the season but at least it gets your foot in the door
qckhd
hunter
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:15 pm

Re: Summer Jobs

Postby duckvang88 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:06 pm

Thanks for the input what kind of duck clubs are you talking about? like a private club or?
duckvang88
hunter
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:00 am

Re: Summer Jobs

Postby qckhd » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:43 pm

duckvang88 wrote:Thanks for the input what kind of duck clubs are you talking about? like a private club or?


Yes a private club and preferably one with a good reputation
qckhd
hunter
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:15 pm


Return to Illinois Duck Hunting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests