Off Season Shooting

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, Illinois-Ducker, huntall6

Off Season Shooting

Postby xtrema13 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:32 am

Looking for a offseason shooting place. I just got a new job and found out I can't go to my usual place which is on Friday nights anymore because I have to work. Anyone know any good clubs or places to practice in northern il?

Sent from my Tim Grounds Super Mag
xtrema13
hunter

Re: Off Season Shooting

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:33 am

xtrema13 wrote:Looking for a offseason shooting place. I just got a new job and found out I can't go to my usual place which is on Friday nights anymore because I have to work. Anyone know any good clubs or places to practice in northern il?

Sent from my Tim Grounds Super Mag

What kind of shooting, and which part of N. IL/how far are you willing to travel?
luie b wrote:I think you guys were right.
Feelin' Fowl
hunter

Postby jägare » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:44 am

The Sycamore Sportsmans Club is pretty good. 5 bucks for a round of trap shooting if not a member. 3 if a member. They also have a range for pistols/rifles but I have no clue about that. Nice club, good people.
"The chase is among the best of all national pastimes; it cultivates that vigorous manliness for the lack of which in a nation, as in an individual, the possession of no other qualities can possibly atone." - Theodore Roosevelt
jägare
hunter

Postby MaxDuck » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:16 am

The St. Charles Sportsmen Club is a great place in Elburn IL. It is not open to the public but you can purchase a trap membership or shooters membership which includes trap and sporting clays. The club offers skeet and a pistol/rifle range as well but you need to be a full member for that. If you google it, the club's website has all the information you'll need.
MaxDuck
hunter

Postby DuckinFool » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:14 pm

If you have any farmers in your area that have feedlots ask permission to shoot starlings that are probably eating their feed. Great practice and a lot more fun to shoot than clays. :thumbsup:
Recession-neighbor loses job...Depression-you lose job...Recovery-Obama loses job.
Don't blame me.....I didn't vote for him !!!
DuckinFool
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting