IL. people did you vote today?

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, huntall6, Illinois-Ducker

IL. people did you vote today?

Postby charlie beard » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:28 pm

I did this morning.
If you haven't you still have time.
"If you put the Federal Government in charge of the Sahara desert,
in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand"
charlie beard
hunter

Re: IL. people did you vote today?

Postby Ed L. » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:45 pm

charlie beard wrote:I did this morning.
If you haven't you still have time.

Sure did!
Ed L.
hunter

Postby BDW » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:26 pm

Last week
BDW
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:52 am

I didn't for one of the few times ever. There were just no contested races that I had any real preference.

My personal preference is leaning toward voting with my feet and leaving this screwed up state. Unfortunately I probably cannot do that for about another decade without it being a big and costly pain.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby DuckinFool » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:20 pm

I walked up to get my ballot and was asked which party? I asked what my options were and was told Republican, Dimocrat, Green or Non-partisan. I thought what the hell and chose non-partisan. They go dig a stack of unopened ballots out of a box and hand me one. There was not one name to vote for on it and only one ballot issue for me to vote on so basically I guess I voted for NONE OF THE ABOVE. :grooving:
Recession-neighbor loses job...Depression-you lose job...Recovery-Obama loses job.
Don't blame me.....I didn't vote for him !!!
DuckinFool
hunter

Postby riverrat47 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:36 am

Voted early, a habit from my travelling days. I was first eligible to vote in 1968, voted that year absentee due to having a McNamara scholarship. I may have missed a Primary or two since that time (if there was no competition or no one I was for or against), but have never failed to vote in a General Election. I've never been able to understand those that say "It doesn't make any difference. My vote doesn't count." The previous Republican gubernatorial race was decided by less than 200 votes. And in 1982, Jim Thompson defeated Adali Stevenson III for governor by less than one vote per precinct.
I can't help but wonder how many stayed home this year, thinking that rauner had an insurmountable lead, but it turned out the polls were wrong. And let's not forget the biggest poll blunder of all, with several newspapers already having headlines printed saying DEWEY defeats TRUMAN for the 1948 Presidential Election.
Semper Fi, Marines

Casey 1997-2011 RIP
riverrat47
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting