Choke Tubes

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, huntall6, Illinois-Ducker

Choke Tubes

Postby DuckMulisha13 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:37 am

Hey guys, hows everyone new year going so far? Im a block off the chain and the ducks and geese mock me every night around 5:30-6:00. Has anyone else seen the American White Pelicans that decided to grace us with their presence? These prehistoric looking monsters are huge! I wanted to get a couple of different opinions on what you all are using for choke tubes? I am looking for one for my Beretta. Appreciate the insight

John :thumbsup:
DuckMulisha13
hunter

Re: Choke Tubes

Postby sureshot 612 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:35 am

Pelicans they are long nosed snow geese. [at least we don't shoot swans.] back to the post,i use Carlsons chock tube i have mod. and full on my bennelli black eagle. Why because they sold themselves , when you call them up to ask a question and you can talk to Carlson to get the answer instead of looking at the back of the package for a web address,TO ME SOLD.also have a set for my Rem. 1187…….Im sure there are other opinions so i will wait for them. Bring it…….. :smile:
the no duck dynasty zone
sureshot 612
hunter

Location: where ever i want, back to loner time I'm at the next level.riders for a fee

Postby KillerKowalski » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:44 am

x2 Carlson's. I have the waterfowl pack. Purchased them from here years ago and they still carry them at a great price.

http://grabagun.com/carlsons-07119-ber-ben-wtrfwl-3-choke-pkg.html
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby justinduckman7 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:43 pm

I run a pAtternmaster long range in my. 3" 12 ga and a extended range I. My browning lite gold 10 ga. Both pattern very well and consistant . I'm also a fan of the Briley tubes they perform well also.
(IF IT FLIES IT DIES AND IF IT SITS THEIR IT STILL DIES ) Let's go shoot their faces off
justinduckman7
hunter

Postby 1quacker » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:11 am

Wadwizard.com

I found out about them thru wade walling who at the time worked at Gander in Joliet, he has been gone from their for a while but he went on to win the biggest goose calling contest they have and he is on GK calls pro staff and has done a lot of guiding for a young guy.

I run one with my 10 and I can honestly say its incredible. I am getting one for my 12 and sons 20.
1quacker
hunter

Postby gearhead80 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:08 am

X2 on the Wadwizard!! I shoot everything from clays to doves to geese with it. Dropped some birds at some decent distances for it being the "over decoy" tube. And it hits em pretty hard. Not that the others wouldn't work, but I will prolly only buy these now that I have this one.
If I ask a question, I don't want your opinion. I want facts.
Don't tell me something you think, tell me something you know.
It's easier to say I don't know, than make something up.
Although, being a forum the next guy will know more no matter what.
gearhead80
hunter

Postby QuackSmacker935 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:21 pm

X3 on the Carlson's great customer service and patterns great. I use the black cloud mid and long range.
QuackSmacker935
hunter

Postby MaxDuck » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:23 am

X4 on Carlson's. They are a great company and have nice patterns. I shoot the IC (close range) and MOD (mid range) because their extended sporting clays tubes are the same as the waterfowl pack just different names. Both shoot great out of my Franchi Affinity 12ga with Kent Fasteel 3" #3's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MaxDuck
hunter

Postby click » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:54 pm

Maybe a little late to the party here but I have excellent results with Briley, Carlsons, and Patternmasters. I shot all three through my Benelli, and currently im using patternmasters in my A5. All three are good chokes, just depends what your gun likes most.
Matt,
Proudly Owned By A CBR Wildwood's Tall Timber
2013-2014 Season Recovery 89.5%
Days Hunted 42
click
hunter

Postby grwteal » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:39 pm

What,s wrong with the factory tube?
My SX3 patterns steel really well with the factory IC.

Dan
grwteal
hunter

Postby rism » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:02 am

I agree gwt. My 870 w/3" #1 and MC. Deadly on Ducks AND geese @ 40 yds. I don't like and won't shoot them any farther. If I can't get them in to 40 yds I haven't done my job @ calling or decoying. Too many people are all about numbers anymore, kill kill kill at all costs !!!
rism
hunter

Postby grwteal » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:03 pm

I shoot 3" 1 3/8 of #2 Kent Fast Steel.
45 yds is no problem for me.
An even pattern is really important.
What I see is that most guys can't hit them no matter what they a shooting.
You came have the best pattern ,but if you can't put it on target its no good.
I have a Pattern Master long range tube for my SX3 I use for snow geese.
It's factory IC even for geese.

Dan
grwteal
hunter

Postby DuckMulisha13 » Sun May 25, 2014 12:42 pm

Sorry for the extremely slow reply guys, my wife was due with my 1st child the week after I had posted this and its been crazy ever since. :hammer: hah! Cant wait for the season to start! Ive been looking at the carlson waterfowl package deal. Im sure there is nothing wrong with the factory choke, however I bought the gun used and it was included so thats why Im looking. Probably will just go with the Carlsons, thanks again for all the replies and all the personal opinion on the products.
DuckMulisha13
hunter

Postby xtrema13 » Sun May 25, 2014 3:13 pm

Carlson long range black cloud choke has worked for me. Usually around $50.

Sent from my Tim Grounds Pro Super Mag
xtrema13
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting