It's been a while

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, huntall6, SPatrick, Illinois-Ducker

It's been a while

Postby berettaguy17 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:39 am

I havent been on here in a long while. recently moved from northern il to Western Illinois University. Just looking to see of anyone has any information or tips on deer, ducks and fishing in the area. any help will be much appreciated.
thanks
Why not shoot all 3 shots, they make more shells everyday.
berettaguy17
hunter

Re: It's been a while

Postby luie b » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:54 pm

Heh good luck. We don't have crap for public land around here. There's argyle lake by you that covers the fishing but don't get your hopes up out there for deer. You might be able to hunt walkins on the Illinois river but those are an hour or better away and filled with idiots. Fishing will probably be your best bet. I go to quincy university by the way and grew up around here so I know the struggle when it comes to finding places around here. Good luck!

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk
**2014-2015 Illinois Waterfowl Season**
Blue-winged teal - 16
Green-winged teal - 4
Wood Ducks - 1
luie b
hunter

Postby duck/goose hunter » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:08 pm

The illinois river has a decent amount of public hunting and fishing. Argyle lake or spring lake would be your two closest fishing public fishing spots.
duck/goose hunter
hunter

Postby ReaperWaterFowl » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:33 am

I went to WIU, graduated 2012. I duck hunted a lot around the area, I also tried deer hunting at argyle. Argyle is not bad for deer. Anyway if ducks are what you focus on I can help. PM me any questions you have.
BOW-LOWS PRODUCTIONS PROSTAFF
ReaperWaterFowl
hunter

Postby berettaguy17 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:55 am

Thanks for the info guys. My main focus is going to be for deer and it isn't sounding promising. I've been fishing argyle and spring quite a bit. I don't know how much this area holds for ducks but I'll be bringing some decoys and stuff down for the fall in case I find somewhere nearby. Does anyone know if the area holds a decent amount?
Why not shoot all 3 shots, they make more shells everyday.
berettaguy17
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting