September goose season

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, Illinois-Ducker, huntall6

September goose season

Postby Illinois-Ducker » Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:16 pm

Hey everyone, its goose hunting eve, and im ready to go. I think it would be fun to post your kills after every hunting day so everyone can start talking again. Post your opening day results tomorrow.
Illinois-Ducker
State Moderator

Postby likesbigspreads » Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:03 pm

Results are bad from Mackinaw SFWA :eek: 6 dove between two of us and all 5 hours hunted. Today we went on a wild goose chase at my club at Clear Lake. Had one bunch light short of the deeks and walked towards them in the thigh deep mud and the stupid things just looked at me. Low and behold two missed shots and the last shot I rolled two :yes: Gave the dog that had knee surgery in April a good workout. She was up to her chest in mud. Also we saw hundreds of teal using the lake yesterday and today we never saw any. Kindof wierd.
likesbigspreads
hunter

slow start

Postby ccdux » Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:04 am

havent seen any geese, few doves. But it is early. If anyone needs some company staring at the sky drop me a line. I'm just outside of Pekin.
Take 'em
ccdux
hunter

Postby Illinois-Ducker » Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:11 pm

Goose hunting has been slow in portions. on the 1st, our group of 4 killed 7, then the 3rd i killed two by myself. ON the 4th, i killed another single and thats about it. As for doves, i limited out in a sunflower field on the 4th and on the 5th i shot 9. Not too bad would you say
Illinois-Ducker
State Moderator

Postby duckkiller7 » Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:05 pm

Hey CCDux, who are you, and where outside of Pekin are you hunting, Pekin was loaded with geese.
duckkiller7
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting