Looking for a guide and place to hunt ducks

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, Illinois-Ducker, huntall6

Looking for a guide and place to hunt ducks

Postby Take'em Now » Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:57 pm

I am new to Duck hunting , did it for the first time last year. (I am hooked). I am in the Chicago Land area and looking for a giude to take me duck hunting. I hunted last year a Porters, and with a giude name Bob Russo. I am looking more for a duck hunt (normally the giudes are setting up for geese). Can any one help?
Take'em Now
hunter

duck hunting

Postby duckhntr82 » Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:22 am

hey guy...... shoot me a email......im not a guide but i have spots open sometimes........but beware that duck hunting in IL is more hunting then killing them... i average about 2 to 4 ducks a morning most of the time....

scottjuda@judagaragedoors.com
Scott Juda
duckhntr82
hunter

Postby Woody27 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:18 pm

You should call Braidwood lake hunt club. They guide for geese but kill a lot of ducks. Never been with them but I know a few of their guides. Great guys who can call like you would not believe. They'll treat you right
Woody27
hunter

Postby Woody27 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:19 pm

How was your hunt with Bob? I hunted with him in the winter at a different club and he was a good guy. What did you think of his operation I may go there this fall
Woody27
hunter

Postby Take'em Now » Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:08 pm

I hunted at Braidwood hunt club at the very end of last years goose season. They are a good group of guys. I will try them out for ducks.

Bob is a great guide, he has a young black lab dog, that is awsome. His prices are about the same as everyone else.($125.00) He is a good person to hunt with. I hunted with him about 6 times last year and we got limit on geese everytime. I like that he does not use the blinds that you have to lay on the ground. He uses a few pits, and a couple of portable blinds (they work) I hope he see this and gives me a discount this year, LOL

Contact Him at:
Bob Rossa
815-338-8093
815-575-4665
captbobcharters@aol.com
www.migratorfishhunt.com/hunting.asp
Take'em Now
hunter

Postby Take'em Now » Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:19 pm

Has anyone ever ducked hunted near Savanna, IL? I heard that is a pretty good place for ducks (on the Mississippi river) , Does any one have a guide name or outfitter for that area?
Take'em Now
hunter

Postby jaysweet3 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:29 am

The McHenry County conservation district has some waterfowl hunting on public land. By looking at the harvest rates I see that there is a lot more hunting than killing. By no means is this good hunting, but I am going to give it a shot.

Just to let you know, I am new to waterfowl hunting. I do have a pup that is being trained so we are a new team. She is looking really good. Kelsey goes for her first hunt retriever test this weekend. By the end of October she should have both her STARTED HUNTING RETRIEVER (SHR)title and her HUNTING RETRIEVER (HR) title. This doesn't mean that she will be great this season but she is on her way.

Right now I am solo and have until the 30th to get an application in. There are a lot of hoops to jump through as far as their rules and orientation meetings go. So, if anyone wants to give it a go let me know in the next week.

Here is a link to the website take a look if anyone wants to go I would like some company. http://www.mccdistrict.org/Hunting/Wate ... erfowl.htm
jaysweet3
hunter

Postby KpHonknImRloadn » Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:08 pm

If you have the right spots hunting in McHenry is pretty good. try giving Rob Sprow with Ultimate Waterfowlers a call. check him out online too at Ultimate waterfowlers.com his number is on there, i dont know it off hand. tell him wes told you to call.
KpHonknImRloadn
hunter

Postby GreenHeadHuntr04 » Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:30 pm

If you are looking for a good place for a duck hunt you should call Grassy Lake Hunting Club. They are a small club down south and I know a few people that guide there and kill a lot of ducks. They do also have goose hunting, but the duck hunting is the way to go down there. If you need anymore information drop me a pm and I will get you all the info I can.

greenhead
In the world of duck hunting there are two types of people, champion duck callers and champion duck killers, im a duck killer! - Phil Robertson "Duck Commander"

www.geocities.com/masoncountybottomboys
GreenHeadHuntr04
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting