Qualiy questions on Bigfoot mallards

For those who enjoy duck hunting in the fields, this is the place.

Moderator: Skyblaster7

Qualiy questions on Bigfoot mallards

Postby ducksbyday » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:39 pm

Hey guys, i just picked up a half dozen of those Bigfoot FB mallard feeders, and man, they look really nice! :thumbsup: the paint job on these deeks is just amazing. the motion system is one of the nicest ive used, and they seem very durable. i also just got a half dozen of the Hardcore sleepers/resters. i have to say that while the quality on the hardcores is good, the bigfoots are excellent.

my question is, how have these decoys held up for you during the seasons? how do the ducks like them and is there any isues with customer service, should a problem arise? also any info on the hardcores would be good, but i dont expect too much from them... tbh :no:

all and all i am very excited to use thee this coming duck season, at least for me to look at! :beer:

-thomas
Most of my money was spent on Duck hunting.

The rest was wasted
ducksbyday
hunter

Re: Qualiy questions on Bigfoot mallards

Postby forester11 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:04 pm

I don't know about the duck dekes but bigfoot goose decoys are the most durable decoys I've ever owned.
forester11
hunter

Postby brasmunky » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:12 pm

check around on a goose forum and ask about bigfoots. they are by far the leader in the industry for the durability of their decoys. i dont even bag my bigfoot canadians i just throw them in the truck and go. never once had a problem with any of their products
brasmunky
hunter

Postby sw_duckhunter » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:28 pm

quality is great I used mine quite a bit even shot them a couple times and they didn't even get a hole
sw_duckhunter
hunter

Postby lil_mason09 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:26 am

sw_duckhunter wrote:quality is great I used mine quite a bit even shot them a couple times and they didn't even get a hole

I think he just gave you your answer on the bigfoots quality haha
lil_mason09
hunter

Postby fishfurlife » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:45 pm

Good decoy, I like the ones I own. I love the one piece setup and the motion system is nice as well. However, the motion system can be a pain in the butt at times. I like the stands design though, they are really good being set up in shallow water and stand up very well. Overall, I will continue to buy this decoy when I add to my FB ducks.
fishfurlife
hunter

Postby teamroughneck » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:06 pm

I must be an odd ball cuz I bought a dozen bigfoot mallards both active and feeders and half of them have already got paint chipping very badly. I have not abused them by far they have been kept in six slot bags and only been used maybe a dozen or so times. the bills are the worst places as far as chips, one of the decoys is dang near grey all over the front half of the body. Love the look and motion without the bands attached. Customer service so far for me has been horrible, I have sent several emails with no reply but have not been able to call yet maybe it will work out once I get them on the phone. Their goose decoys are the best as far as durability.
Nothing makes a day of hunting better then having a kid with you..
teamroughneck
hunter

Postby teamroughneck » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:52 pm

have to recant on my comment about bigfoot customer service. I talked to them and they said they would replace all decoys with paint issues for me all I have to do is send them back in to them
Nothing makes a day of hunting better then having a kid with you..
teamroughneck
hunter

Postby waterfowler9 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:08 am

I recently purchased a doz of the big foot mallards, one decoy right out of the box had paint chips in it, and was starting to flake off. Luckily i called big foot and they told me to take it back to where i purchased the decoy. I did that and they opened a fresh box for me to replace the chipped decoy. I was hoping that they would let me keep it, but that didn't happen. As far as the paint goes, after examining them pretty good, i am not all that impressed. The paint looks sloppy painted compared to Avery, but at a distance that does not matter. Overall i am satisfied as long as the paint does not fall off, but keep in mind they will be in slotted bags.
waterfowler9
hunter

Postby goosehunter64 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:30 pm

BF has awesome CS :thumbsup:
Rob.
Team WingLock
Lock'em "N" Rock'em
goosehunter64
hunter

Postby ks_waterfowler » Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:52 pm

Only complaint I have is with the lack of durability in the motion system, but I am probably in the minority.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Return to Field Duck Hunting