Killerweed and Layout

For those who enjoy duck hunting in the fields, this is the place.

Moderator: Skyblaster7

Killerweed and Layout

Postby cy19 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:44 pm

I've done a search for this but the words "layout" and "killerweed" seem to be in 1/2 the posts on this forum, so I havent found a definative answer. How do you guys put killerweed on to brush your layouts? Im not going to rely on the killerweed 100% to hide the blind; I would just like it to be a good base so I dont have to spend 15 minutes brushing my blind. I plan to hunt mostly picked corn fields. I bought a golden harvest and an all terrain kit, because by the time I get around to geese the corn stalks get really dark. Anyway, just wanted to see what everyone thought. Thanks
cy19
hunter

Re: Killerweed and Layout

Postby brentbullets » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:57 am

Zip ties.
Walleyes and Waterfowl, what else is there?
brentbullets
hunter

Postby REM1100 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:34 pm

i have small ,long and bushy various colors of weed and zip tie them to clothes pins so I can adjust o field conditons using about 50% coverage and 50% natural

on the X in Saskatchewan
REM1100
Provincial Moderator

Postby cy19 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:40 pm

Thanks for the reply and pictures. That helps a lot. Im gonna start on it after I get a new one. (Left old one in barn and mice decided to eat it and then use it as the head.)
cy19
hunter

Postby Dirt_Bag » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:20 pm

Dirt_Bag
Newb

Postby Thatdudewhoduckhunts » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:44 pm

that kinda helps me i just got my power hunter today and was wondering how much killerweed i need to get?
clampdaddy wrote:I can't speak for God but I'm pretty sure that the killing of babies would probably be near the top of his list of things you shouldn't do.
Thatdudewhoduckhunts
Account Suspended for Personal Attacks

Postby ducksrlivetrap » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:41 pm

Thatdudewhoduckhunts wrote:that kinda helps me i just got my power hunter today and was wondering how much killerweed i need to get?

if your just doing your lay out blind just buy the lay out blind kit now if your grassing any thing else like dog blind or your buddy is doing his or your boat buy the boat size one and save you same money you can grass 3 layout blinds easy with the one for the boat
The weakest like in waterfowl hunting is YOUR ability to talk to the birds.

Im a fan of the ugly boats.

nobody's perfect ,and im definitely nobody
ducksrlivetrap
hunter

Postby Thatdudewhoduckhunts » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:58 pm

well i hunt off of some islands with a power hunter however i knew this is the only place to find stuff about layout blinds. well my brother had the boat size because he accidentally bought two for his quickset. the spot that i hunt has a lot of tan in it so i used a lot of tan and a little green i think it looks pretty good i just need to get some natural veg at the duck marsh and itll look a to the mazing however i dont know how to upload pictures so any advice so that i can put some pics on
clampdaddy wrote:I can't speak for God but I'm pretty sure that the killing of babies would probably be near the top of his list of things you shouldn't do.
Thatdudewhoduckhunts
Account Suspended for Personal Attacks

Return to Field Duck Hunting