Pickin a Laydown Blind

For those who enjoy duck hunting in the fields, this is the place.

Moderator: Skyblaster7

Pickin a Laydown Blind

Postby dukkiller2012 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:31 pm

hey guys. ive been lookin at these for awhile a i cant pick which one to use. this will be my first one so i aint to informed on them. i liked the Cabelas Ultimate laydown blind, Avery groundforce, Avery Finisher, and the powerhunter looked ok but it doesnt seem like you could see through that shell head cover to well...just lookin for suggestions.

thanks
dukkiller2012
hunter

Re: Pickin a Laydown Blind

Postby Nomeite » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:11 pm

I bought a Avery Finisher a few months ago, haven't used it in the field yet but I mudded it up. The Finisher will work great for me, easy to set up in the dark I don't have any complants. I also heard great things about the other two you mentioned the Cabelas and the Power Hunter. I haven't heard of any complaints about visibility problems with the Power Hunter. Any one of the three you mentioned you can't go wrong. I'm sure the Cabelas blind is cheaper I believe $160 not sure about the durability. Good Luck.
Just because it is old dosen't make it a classic
Nomeite
hunter

Postby takem1010 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:56 pm

I hunt out of a GHG ground force and i put all of my clients in avery powerhunters. If they are bigger guys i will put them in my ground force and i keep 2 old finishers just for the bigger guys. the ground force is easier to set up and take down than the finisher as it only has a stand up bar in the back and 2 keepers in the door flaps. the finisher is one of the most comfortable blinds out, but it is a little more difficult to hide it well in a field that does not have a whole lot of cover. you can cut the mesh out of the power hunter hood and you can see much better out of it, although it does not take much time to get used to it.

good luck hope this helps
takem1010
hunter

Postby Prowler » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:14 pm

My FA Pro-Guide is a piece of crap and broke last weekend.

I have a Cabelas (Pro, I think) and it is top notch. Comfy!
"Sherrif"
Prowler
hunter

Postby bowfisher89 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:55 pm

I got my Powerhunter last season and hunted hard out of it the entire season and dont have one thing to complain about... Its easy to conceal and comfortable.
bowfisher89
hunter

Postby snow goose » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:11 pm

I have a ground force blind and it works wonderful no complaints there. My brother use to use a Power Hunter and one day the wind was blowing and it was freezing cold. My brother froze his butt off. The Power Hunters are not that warm but if it doesn't get that cold were you hunt it is a good blind.
snow goose
hunter

Postby Thatdudewhoduckhunts » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:50 pm

I just hunted out of my Avery Power Hunter today it is amazing it is extremely low profile and you are very very well hidden if you use some kiler weed it is the best blind in my opinion just mudd it up very well when u get it
clampdaddy wrote:I can't speak for God but I'm pretty sure that the killing of babies would probably be near the top of his list of things you shouldn't do.
Thatdudewhoduckhunts
Account Suspended for Personal Attacks

Postby dukkiller2012 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:11 pm

Got a ground force for my bday. its really nice and roomy. cant wait to try it.
dukkiller2012
hunter

Return to Field Duck Hunting