What layout blinds transport the easiest?

For those who enjoy duck hunting in the fields, this is the place.

Moderator: Skyblaster7

What layout blinds transport the easiest?

Postby jimposten » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:02 pm

I like the looks of the migrator M2, but I was wondering are there any otheres that fold up this small and have back pack straps for easy transport?

JIM
jimposten
hunter

Re: What layout blinds transport the easiest?

Postby i_willie12 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:36 pm

My experience is good luck getting a blind to fold up like that when there full of corn stocks!!!! :mad:
Had a power hunter that folded in half like the M2 could never get it buckled after a hunt. Had to pull all the corn stocks out pain in the butt. I bought a new one the finisher that folds in half like it alot better it will fold up loaded with corn stocks!!!!
"Some people pride themselves on how far they can shoot ducks others pride themselves on how close they can get them. I'm an other!!! "
John Stephens RNT

HRCH Wilson's Grand Priarie Pintail "Sprig"
i_willie12
hunter

Postby jimposten » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:50 pm

I have used the M2 covered in corn, and covered in hay, and never had a problem folding it. I always re-brush in so that is not a concern of mine... just wondering if there are any other layout blinds that fold and pack easy?

JIM
jimposten
hunter

Postby hovey » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:08 pm

I have the cabela's ultimate and have had no problem with it folding. But it is not the smallest blind either.
hovey
hunter

Postby REM1100 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:00 pm

The FA Eliminator Express folds up in three sections with backpack straps weighs 11 1/2 lbs takes a space about 2 1/2 square
on the X in Saskatchewan
REM1100
Provincial Moderator

Postby snow goose » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:06 pm

i use the GHG Ground Force and it is a wonderful blind. It folds up very nicely.
snow goose
hunter

Postby Thatdudewhoduckhunts » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:23 pm

Im not hunting out of corn with my power hunter but it has been loaded up with weeds and limbs and grass and folded up just fine and the backpack straps are so nice when you have to walk a distance like i do its overall a pretty good blind especially when it comes to transportation.
clampdaddy wrote:I can't speak for God but I'm pretty sure that the killing of babies would probably be near the top of his list of things you shouldn't do.
Thatdudewhoduckhunts
Account Suspended for Personal Attacks

Postby Beretta_Is_Betta » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:25 pm

OK i have a cabelas brand layout cheap one got it for 99 it folds just fine completely camoed but i will second the finisher blind my buddy has one and it is awesome with multiple adjusts to give you lower profile...have no experience with the M2 but tested one out at cabelas i didnt like it as much a the finisher blind and it costs alot more i would go with the finisher it is an awesome blindim looking to get one myslef here before next season and they are on sale at rodgers sporting goods right now so take a look
Beretta_Is_Betta
hunter

Postby manitobawoj » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:21 pm

The x-lander is a very portable layout blind.
manitobawoj
hunter

Postby SPatrick » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:11 am

Powerhunter transports great. Also very low profile, and the Backpack straps on it feels like its not even there.
Shaun Patrick
Avery Prostaff
HEVI-Shot Prostaff
SPatrick
State Moderator

Postby goodkarmarising » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:14 am

jimposten wrote:I have used the M2 covered in corn, and covered in hay, and never had a problem folding it. I always re-brush in so that is not a concern of mine... just wondering if there are any other layout blinds that fold and pack easy?

JIM

Another vote for the powerhunter if all you are is worried about transportation issues....That thing folds up small, Can get one of those and decoys in the trunk of my Corolla.
Only number that matters, retrieves by the pup: 176
Cooper: 15
Proud owner of 2 non hunt trial/field trial fire breathers
goodkarmarising
hunter

Postby teamroughneck » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:11 pm

Power Hunter have hunted daily with decoys mojos 2 power hunters and 2 guys out of a 4 door alero
Nothing makes a day of hunting better then having a kid with you..
teamroughneck
hunter

Postby JamesP82 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:10 pm

Avery Finisher folds up easy with everything in it, and has held up well where a FA SUB didn't. If you want one that tri-folds, ghg ground force and the M2 are nice. A friend got the M2 and we call it the Hilton because it's so roomy inside.
JamesP82
hunter

Postby gkerrigan » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:25 pm

Final Approach X'Land'R

Very portable. Backpack straps. Scabbard to hold your gun.
gkerrigan
hunter

Postby kwacker » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:23 am

I use a Power Hunter and if you run your corn stalks crossways on the blind you can fold it up easily. I also have a lawn chair cushion that is sewn so that it has 3 sections that folds the same way the blind does, that I do not take out and I have not had any problems folding it. I use that durning the cold part of the season and it works great. Also a little thing that I found out was that if you also have a dog blind, I have the Avery one, that once you fold your blind you can slide it right into the top fold of the blind and carry it on your back. I hate making 2 trips to the truck so I have done this many times and it works great.
I do agree with i_willie12 taking the corn stalks out is a pain in the ***, but this method really works great.
Good luck.
kwacker
hunter

Return to Field Duck Hunting