Rookies looking for Guidance

For those who enjoy duck hunting in the fields, this is the place.

Moderator: Skyblaster7

Rookies looking for Guidance

Postby DUCKSnBUCS » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:01 pm

Hi all, just joined here and it seems to be a great site. A couple friends of mine are looking to get into the sport with some reputable guidance. We figure the best approach would be a guided hunt. We are all familar with the weapons aspect, we just need to learn the basic techniques and skills required to get out there and hunt ducks on our own. We recently did the same the thing up in the Great Smokies for fly fishing and now can't get enough of the outdoors! If anyone can recommend a good outfitter that can help us with this I would greatly appreciate it.
DUCKSnBUCS
Newb

Re: Rookies looking for Guidance

Postby hovey » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:37 am

Where are you located?
hovey
hunter

Postby DUCKSnBUCS » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:15 am

Just outside of Atlanta, but we'll go anywhere in Georgia or relatively close in any of the surrounding states.
DUCKSnBUCS
Newb

Postby texan68 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:08 pm

I recommend joining your local DU or Delta chapter. You will find a lot of knowledgable hunters that will get you out in the field.
Leave it better than you found it. Pick up your empties.
texan68
hunter

Postby Fowl-Attitude » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:40 pm

I am looking at Colorado for a new place to go waterfowl hunting, love to be on the front range and hunting ducks and geese. I am talking with the owner of Gander Valley Calls right now trying to get a hunt with him before the end of January. The pictures and stories Ive heard made it a no brainer, I'm ready for some mixed bags and then some skiing. Go to his site and have a look at there pics, I'm ready!!
Callum Close .... then CRUSHUM!!!!
Fowl-Attitude
hunter

Postby duck_slayer_1 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:55 pm

Pick up a couple dvds they might not stop and explain everything but a watchful eye will go a long ways.
duck_slayer_1
hunter

Return to Field Duck Hunting