Full Body Mallards

For those who enjoy duck hunting in the fields, this is the place.

Moderator: Skyblaster7

Re: Full Body Mallards

Postby fishingkid » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:44 pm

I Currently own the BF mallards I hate the stands. So i just took 1/4 steel rod and made my own. I am looking into buying the GHG mallards for this season.I just purchased the GHG pintail and love the way they look. Cant wait to use them in my spread this year.
fishingkid
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:02 am

fishingkid wrote:I Currently own the BF mallards I hate the stands. So i just took 1/4 steel rod and made my own. I am looking into buying the GHG mallards for this season.I just purchased the GHG pintail and love the way they look. Cant wait to use them in my spread this year.

do your self a favor, get the Dakota full bodies. they are much more durable IMO.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby Cliner » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:31 am

2500hdon37s wrote:
fishingkid wrote:I Currently own the BF mallards I hate the stands. So i just took 1/4 steel rod and made my own. I am looking into buying the GHG mallards for this season.I just purchased the GHG pintail and love the way they look. Cant wait to use them in my spread this year.

do your self a favor, get the Dakota full bodies. they are much more durable IMO.

How much do those run per dozen? Do they come with a bag?
Work hard, relax hard.
Cliner
hunter

Postby duckdozer » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:58 am

Everyone should take small peppy giant truck guys opinion for gospel because he hunted every weekend last yr. The Dakotas have NOT been out long enough to judge thier durability. If it were me I would run a bunch of deadlys for ducks if I needed to buy a field spread all over again. MOTION w/FB appearance!!!!
Aux Lake H Maxine NAVHDA NA Prize 2 103pts
Retrieves Season #1 ('13) 185
Season #2 ('14) 197
Season #3 ('15) 59
Mallyard wrote:LOL... Truck+Gas+Basic Knowledge of Waterfowl habits = chance at sucess!
duckdozer
hunter

Postby fishingkid » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:30 pm

I PERSONALLY like the look of the GHG. I also like the stands they come with. I have not owned the dakota's but from what ive seen i like the ghg design better :thumbsup:
fishingkid
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:39 am

fishingkid wrote:I PERSONALLY like the look of the GHG. I also like the stands they come with. I have not owned the dakota's but from what ive seen i like the ghg design better :thumbsup:

trust me, you'd throw your GHG's away if you used dakotas. so much more drable and the stands are better IMO. the bungge design is the way to go as you can pick them up and move them with the stands attached.

nouthing aginst GHG, infact I own a lot of GHG decoys, I just think the dakotas are that much better and ZERO paint issues out of my dakotas where as ive had many GHG's with chipped paint before coating them and the uncoated dakotas still look new.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby Wackin'n'stackin'waterfowl » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:34 pm

GHG came out with I new full body duck.... They look great and they was a low price.... Can't wait to buy them
Like us on Facebook... Wackin'n'stackin'waterfowl
Wackin'n'stackin'waterfowl
hunter

Postby adv sask » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:12 pm

I went with GHG over-sized mallards and pintails , basically only went with them because I had their geese fb's and wanted to keep the same stands on everything. If I could do it over I probably wouldn't spend the money on the duck decoys, not that there is any issue with them I think that they are great, its just they are not necessary to kill ducks up here .
adv sask
hunter

Postby CutEm214 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:37 pm

I ordered a half dozen of the Dakota full body mallards over the weekend..can't wait to get them in hand. Have been really happy with my floaters from them. After perusing this thread, I may give the Blue Collar full body wigeons a hard look...could be deadly in a couple of my spots if the wigeon come down like last year.
CutEm214
hunter

Postby montana bound » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:29 am

I just ordered the GHG full body mallards I like everything about them and love the stands. The ground freezes solid up here by Nov and you cant drive a stake in the ground.

They will be here on Monday. :grooving:
You get out of a dog , what you put into a dog!
montana bound
hunter

Postby Dbishop311 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:38 pm

Ive got GHG, Bigfoot, and dakotas. They all look good. GHG has the best motion system. The Bigfoot look great but as others said the stands suck. I also made some out of round rod with a hook for the bunge. They take up less space that way. The bigfoots and dakotas are a lot heavier than the ghg. So if you are walking in the GHG might be the way to go. I use all three brands and to tell you the truth I like them all.
No contest ring. No gimmicks. No compromising. It’s just pure, raw, balls-to-the-wall, don’t tell your mother, most powerful, non-nuclear duck calling machine on the planet.This call may not be for everyone. But if you can drive it, Game over......
Dbishop311
hunter

Postby CutEm214 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:01 pm

My Dakota full body mallards arrived yesterday evening and I am very impressed with them. This is the first time I've had a chance to handle them in person and they look/feel just as tough as the floaters. I like the size of the motion bases as well...I was afraid they were going to be larger than they are. Think I'll be picking up a 4-pack of the Blue Collar wigeon full bodies to round out my spread. Then its the long wait for November to test em out.
CutEm214
hunter

Postby Shane B Mindak » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:41 am

I went with dakota and i love them. I also think GHG makes a nice looking decoys as well. Hardcore and bigfoot look awful IMO. The stands on bigfoots are enough to drive you crazy. Nothing beats flocked heads as well. :thumbsup:
Shane B Mindak
hunter

Postby -Dave- » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:34 pm

man i wish we could get fullbody dekes that cheep up here in ontario!! were looking at 150 for 6 or more.
2011 count
6 mallards
1 woody
12 buffies
1 honker
-Dave-
hunter

Previous

Return to Field Duck Hunting